Kaseya Community

Event logs

• How many event logs can Kaseya processes on average in an hour, our system is processing 9936 an hour does that seem very high is there a limit on it before it stops behaving itsself?
    Lorna

Legacy Forum Name: Event logs,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lornacummins
  • I'd submit this type of question to support.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • How many agents do you have out there?

With about one thousand agents deployed my server is possessing an average of 3,523.

Legacy Posted By Username: pbrophy
  • lornacummins
    How many event logs can Kaseya processes on average in an hour, our system is processing 9936 an hour does that seem very high is there a limit on it before it stops behaving itsself?
    Lorna

That seems high. Are you filtering any of these from becoming alerts? Also make sure you are not alerting on informational level alerts (unless you REALLY need to see them).

Legacy Posted By Username: jwhitford
  • We have 2931 agents, and we are showing Information logs because we are monitoring backup exec via alerts and the successful show up in the information log. Is there any way to filter out some of the Information logs, or tell it only to collect the ones I'm interested in?

Legacy Posted By Username: lornacummins
  • To add another benchmark for consideration....We have about 1,800 Agents deployed. Looking at my K Server, I see we have 5,842 for "Event log entries received in last hour".

We also log Informational Events, so that we can capture Backup Exec and Backup Exec System Recovery events for Executive Summary reporting purposes.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Hiya,

Not sure what your using backup software wise but in kaseya under scripts there is a load of backup scripts created by the people in kaseya - these do not use event logs, we are using them to monitor our backups and we created a report to display the information. I am sure you could alter these to avoid having to collect the event logs.

Alternative also would be to stick a small app on the servers to monitor the event logs locally and look only for you select list of event id's and then on event do something.

just some options - with the amount of crap informational logs collecting them all can quickly add up.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin