Kaseya Community

Kaseya Certified Solution Provider

• We work with several companies that provide certifications that come with direct tier 2 access. And it makes everything so much better. Getting someone certified can cut down on the number of support calls we make because the calls go through a certified in house tech. When we do call in, both parties are on the same page, things go faster without dealing with tier one scripts. We could just call in, get an answer and hang up. I'm really just technical, so the rest just sounds cool but wouldn't affect me much, maybe a sales cert, and a tech cert, and a guru cert? Kaseya grandmaster (I write scripts in my sleep) cert?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kroberts210
  • When my company first bought Kaseya there was an online program that once completed with a certain percentage you could print out a certificate that made you a Kaseya Certified Engineer. I will have to dig it out and post a picture of it.

It was early 2007. Now when I log into the Online Training it is different, but I can assure you that there was a cert that I attained after completing the course. Any longtime Kaseya reps want to chime in? I am looking in my archived emails. I know for sure that I was a Certified Kaseya Engineer!

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • Whoa!! You're right! I remember those... wonder where I put that too

Legacy Posted By Username: kroberts210
  • I think I know what you're talking about... If I remember correctly, it was more of a "Certificate of Completion" as Kaseya has never had a "Certification" program.

Investigation into a Certification Program continues here though! I'm not at liberty to divulge specific details as to the progress, what it will look like, or if/when it may be available, but it is something we continue to work on.

Legacy Posted By Username: jason.paquette@kaseya.com
  • Ok Jason, so what about the people who have already completed it like myself? Do we get grandfathered in? I think that is only fair......Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • jason.paquette@kaseya.com

Perhaps if you're certified we assume you know enough about the product to bypass Level 1 and go directly to Level 2 Tech Support? Maybe longer Support hours?

YES YES AND MORE YES!

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • So far, I think I haven't seen a bad suggestion at all. I think all of the things recommended were great! I'd definitly be interested in said certification.

Another possible inscentive would be simply a certified user's forum, so that when you come to the forum to post on a topic, you're pretty confident that at least most of the people who read it will understand your problem.

I don't know how many times I've gone to a support forum, not necessarily this one, but other ones... ones where EXPERTS go to EXCHANGE information... and posted a problem, and a long list of steps I've taken to troubleshoot, only to get six or seven posts from people suggesting that I try something that I listed in the steps I've already taken...

Maybe Certified-users-only contests or something... A quarterly giveaway of some kind of tool pack, or guidebook of some sort.

So far, I think my favorite idea is a direct email contact for support questions... If after I get a certain level of certification, I could just shoot out an email to John.Doe (at) kaseya.com and get a real person to respond and maybe create the ticket, that'd be tremendous.

Legacy Posted By Username: Matt.Conlon
  • FYI - From the User conf... Looks like K will be offering a user certification within a couple of months.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Yeah, I heard that, at least the first level. Very cool!

I wish I'd be active on the forums prior to the conference, I'd have made it a point to seek out anyone else from these forums who were going!

Next year! Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: Matt.Conlon
  • Kaseya worked with a University (Florida International University I believe) to develop a curriculum and exam for a course they offer and they will be making the exam available to customers online in July. The exact benefits will be published at this time but certainly bypassing L1 is a must. Further exams may follow that are more advanced. Also, the COO mentioned to us that they have started an intern program with students who have taken the course and passed the exam and we asked that they try to share this with customers who may need L1 help at times or for pure recruitment and he said that was definately a possibility. So maybe we'll see a forum soon for job seekers and students.

Legacy Posted By Username: jilderton
  • XeviouS
    So the lower your post count....the guruer you are Big Smile

Guess that means that I am finally good at something. Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: Screa2
  • Yeah wow, how many exams do you write?

Legacy Posted By Username: jannie