Kaseya Community

Kaseya Certified Solution Provider

• How does one become a Kaseya Certified Solution Provider? This company in the Neatherlands has this logo on their website:

http://www.lantrust.nl/createsite/prod/createprod.asp?b_id=13400&page=1&rs_prod_id=8019&isSearch=4

As far as I knew there are no certs for anything. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Certified Solution Provider,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jchurch
  • Congrats jchurch! For asking that skilled of a quextion you are now a Kaseya certified Solutions Provider!

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Looks like it takes some pretty sweet mspaint skills.

Legacy Posted By Username: KGB
  • KGB
    Looks like it takes some pretty sweet mspaint skills.

And very in-depth knowledge of jpeg artifacting Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • Is anyone going to actually answer this?

Elite Member, Supreme Master, all titles on a forum I would assume would be replying to questions.

Legacy Posted By Username: corpitsol
  • corpitsol
    Is anyone going to actually answer this?

Elite Member, Supreme Master, all titles on a forum I would assume would be replying to questions.

Answer what?

There are no certifications. Even if there were, who are you supposed to advertise that too? Your clients? I would figure most clients assume that you know the software you are using to manage their network. Kaseya isn't exactly a common software platform or household name such as Microsoft. They have no idea what Kaseya even is, much less what the certification would even entail or how you achieved it. We surveyed our clients and they don't even care if we put Microsoft Certified on our marketing material or not (we don't anymore), it wasn't even in the decision process for them at all. Some providers would rather keep the software that are using for management a competitive secret, people here on the forums have asked how to remove the footer that is within the VSA for example.

So the only purpose for the certification would be for technicians/engineers to put on their resume for when they leave your company and go to work for your competitor (or get fired from your competitor and come to work for you)

Also, the forum titles are tied to post count. If I posted 500 "how do I do this...?" threads that wouldn't make me an expert. There are a few guys that rarely post here that know the software like the back of their hand.

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • Silence infedel! Do not address the Supreme Master that way!

With that being said... My opinion is that Kaseya is too fluid of a product to actually offer a certification. By the time someone becake certified, there would be something new or changed out. The beat you could do is have your team go through the training videos and learn the basics.

Then pick someone who will be the K champ for your company and encourage them to take it even further (this includes sending them off to boot camp training.

Finally, encourage this person to monitor the forums continuously for ideas, heads up to problems and issues.

Boudj

• "There are no Kaseya certifications."

That's is the offical answer to this question.

Legacy Posted By Username: corpitsol
  • CeruleanBlue
    There are a few guys that rarely post here that know the software like the back of their hand.

So the lower your post count....the guruer you are Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • Perhaps more to the point of this thread, it seems that Kaseya should be contacting this MSP and telling them to cease and desist. If there is no certification then having someone just make it up weakens Kaseya's brand and all of ours and it certainly doesn't speak well for the integrity of the MSP.

I would hope that Kaseya would not want to associate with folks like that and suggest the MSP could withdraw their claim or Kaseya would withdraw their license.

There are far too many bozos in this business who hack together some clip art and then go out and hack up servers for unsuspecting clients. I'm trying to uphold a higher standard and I know all of you are too. This kind of thing offends me and Kaseya should put a stop to it.

--Tom

Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • sequoya
    Perhaps more to the point of this thread, it seems that Kaseya should be contacting this MSP and telling them to cease and desist. If there is no certification then having someone just make it up weakens Kaseya's brand and all of ours and it certainly doesn't speak well for the integrity of the MSP.

I would hope that Kaseya would not want to associate with folks like that and suggest the MSP could withdraw their claim or Kaseya would withdraw their license.

There are far too many bozos in this business who hack together some clip art and then go out and hack up servers for unsuspecting clients. I'm trying to uphold a higher standard and I know all of you are too. This kind of thing offends me and Kaseya should put a stop to it.

--Tom

I'm sure boudj would approve of this.. But what do you think about advertisiting Grand/Supreme Kaseya Master status huh? Wink

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • sequoya
    Perhaps more to the point of this thread, it seems that Kaseya should be contacting this MSP and telling them to cease and desist. If there is no certification then having someone just make it up weakens Kaseya's brand and all of ours and it certainly doesn't speak well for the integrity of the MSP.

--Tom

I agree with this whole heartedly. What they are doing is along the lines of deceptive practices (IMO).

Legacy Posted By Username: TSI-Eric
  • Ditto! and Ditto!

• Hi All,

So yes, the official answer is there is no Kaseya Certification.

My question is... Are you interested in a Kaseya Ceritification?

We had run the idea up the flagpole at our 2007 User Conference and the room errupted into applause. The point of it would not be to advertise to your customers that you are certified like you do with Microsoft. As CeruleanBlue noted, the end-user doesn't really know or care about the software (Kaseya) you use to deliver your services. It would be more as a way to help you make sure you're getting the most out of Kaseya as possible in your business.

What might some possible benefits of Kaseya Certification be? Well what would you like?

Perhaps if you're certified we assume you know enough about the product to bypass Level 1 and go directly to Level 2 Tech Support? Maybe longer Support hours?

Perhaps it's a requirement to be an "Authorized Reseller" (sell Kaseya software to internal IT departments) since the expectation is that the reseller provides training/support to the customer.

I'm just kind of spitballing here... If you have ideas about it, please let us know.

Jason Paquette
    Director - IT Service Provider Sales
    Kaseya Corporation
    Bothell, WA, USA

Legacy Posted By Username: jason.paquette@kaseya.com
  • Bypassing level one support would be a HUGE benefit and I imagine you would get a lot of interested parties.

Perhaps a priority support queue even?

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx