Kaseya Community

Linux?

• Is there ever going to be a client for linux boxes? Mostly just for monitoring.

Legacy Forum Name: Linux?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mwebber
  • Does your version of linux support snmp?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I would be all over a linux client....
    Especially a really thin one.... Man I could do a lot with that SUCKA!

I think Linux is on the roadmap, but I would not expect to see it in 2008, if I was a betting man that is.

Legacy Posted By Username: gamer-x
  • When Kaseya first posted about the 2008 version, they said that their Mac agent demonstrated their commitment to move forward with new platforms. I think that since OS X is UNIX based, it's certainly a step in the right direction. I agree with gamer-x though... I wouldn't foresee a Linux agent in 2008. However, boudj did hint at SNMP monitoring, which is a good band-aid in the mean time. As long as you have something Windows-based on the same LAN as the Linux boxes you want to monitor, you can enable SNMP monitoring and get a ton of information (disk usage, network usage, online/offline, etc).

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • We too would like a linux agent. One that runs on ESX/VM servers also would be great as this would allow us to monitor the vital stats and hardware status of our servers actual hardware in our virtual environments.

Legacy Posted By Username: Maclean
  • A Linux agent is now on the roadmap. They presented a bit about it at Kaseya Connect, but I've no idea about a timeline.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • The Linux Agent, and others like Windows Mobile, will be available as part of Kaseya 6.

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS