Kaseya Community

Kserver CPU Usage HIGH - sqlserver

• Recently my K-Server started utilizing CPU more than 90%. once I restart SQL and KServer services all was OK until next day and then all of a sudden it jumped to > 90% usage. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Legacy Forum Name: Kserver CPU Usage HIGH - sqlserver,
    Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • Does it stay at 90% or just spikes to 90?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Spikes to 90.

• This could be normal depending on the amount of install agents, level of logging, size of database, use of snmp, and as well as the the speed of your server.

More details would be required though to determine.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I am sorry I misundertood the question below. When it spikes to 90+ it stays there. I already tried to reboot but again after a few hours it spikes up to 98% and stays there.

• I am sorry I misundertood the question. When it spikes to 90+ it stays there. I already tried to reboot but again after a few hours it spikes up to 98% and stays there.

• Sound slike a tricky one to troubelshoot. How about this...

Apply a Monitor Set to the KServer itself, to monitor CPU utilization. Capture the value every 5-10 minutes or so. Does it gradually creep up, from 10% to 90%, or does it stay at a steady low value, and then jump to high value and stay there?

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Every blue moon I experience this issue myself. Once I reset the sservices (or reboot) it goes away for a while (weeks, months).

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • One thing you might want to check, especially if this is a daily recurring thing is the distribution of your scripts. Scripts->Distribution

If you have lots of agents all set to run their audits/patch scans at the same time your KServer can easily become overtaxed.

Legacy Posted By Username: ssugar
  • Good Idea. I will tweak that a little and see what happens. Thanks.

• We've had this happen before both due to scripts out of control and logs.
    3 places I tend to find information on problems.

1) System -> Configuration -> KServer Log - copy it all to an excel spreadsheet, sort and sub total it. Look for repeat events. I found in the past some agents that were logging in every second for some reason.

2) We created a query to look at the event log table and sort on which machine has the highest number of events. This comes out in a daily SQL Server report. When we get a machine with a number of repeat events, things start to go wrong.

3) Use ProcMon from Systems Internal and see what's being hit on the disk. A couple of times in the past we have seen the kaseya directory for a specific machine being just hammered over and over again.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • We had similar issues when we had Kes activated on the Kserver with mail filter enabled. Also we had the emailreader for ticketing activated. The emailreader stopped working and the proc went to 98 %.

After killing the email filter on the kserver everthing went back to normal.

regards,
    Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: ISL