Kaseya Community

Notification of new Kaseya module updates

• I ran into an issue today that involved the KES module. I was told by Kaseya Support to upgrade to the latest build. I would love to see something here in the forums or somewhere on the Kaseya site that modules have updates that could be applied. I would even sign up for an email notification. I would never have bothered support if I knew there was an update. Is my company alone in this thinking or do you feel it should be up to the MSP to check the Kaseya FTP site to see if there are new builds?

Legacy Forum Name: Notification of new Kaseya module updates,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • I agree, it would be great to know when new stuff is available. If there's already a way, maybe I just don't know where to look?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: djmundy
  • Similar thing happened to me.

I got an email from our support rep saying that the version of KES we were using was no longer supported by Kaseya as of the end of April. I hadn't been informed that it had even been updated.

Legacy Posted By Username: ssugar
  • Hmm..

Maybe a KScript to check for file changes on the ftp server...

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • Actually, K needs to write a little updater app (like what connectwise did) that will alert you to new updates.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • They (K) drive me nuts sometimes: hotfixes seem to be automated, but not version incrementals. They should automate the whole darn thing - as we're too busy managing our customers' machines...

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • Is there any way to know if a new version of Kaseya is available?

• ReedMikel
    They (K) drive me nuts sometimes: hotfixes seem to be automated, but not version incrementals. They should automate the whole darn thing - as we're too busy managing our customers' machines...

The only issue with this, is then we wouldn't have a choice about upgrading or not! Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • I agree I would like to have control over when incremental updates are available, but knowing when they are available seems to be the problem.

• its ridiculous

they have so many channels available to notify users but dont use any

blog
    email newsletter
    twitter
    popups in kserver
    rss - there could be a dedicated feed for updates/new support messages on the kbase

seems like marketing and operations dont do much talking at kaseya

Legacy Posted By Username: tbone2345