Kaseya Community

24 hour monitoring and response

• I've got a customer that has offices in Ct, NY Fl, Tx, London & Hong Kong. With all these time zones, how does a small shop provide a 24 Hour monitoring and response while using Kaseya? Has anyone use "Z" in addition to Kaseya.

All thoughts are welcome.

Legacy Forum Name: 24 hour monitoring and response,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman
  • Good morning Shannon... you do know that Zenith is a direct competitor to Kaseya? You might want to ask this type of question in a different vendors forum (maybe connectwise, autotask, etc...). How would you like it if a client of yours put an ad out there for an IT company to assist them with some work (that you may, or may not be able to handle), and put it on your company web site for all of your clients to see? Tacky, yes?

Oh and to answer your question, I continue to evaluate Z because they offer interesting services at really good pricing. The one question that I keep asking is how can they afford to do that. The best answer I can come up with is it must be cheap labor from India, and that I'd be dealing with cheap labor from india for help. This does not give me a warm fuzzy. Now Kaseya does offer 24/7 helpdesk type services, you can contact your sales rep for info.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Hi boudj

I do understand that "Z" is a competitor and I actually looked at them first in exploring the best fit for us. The one major drawback was/is they are in India and I like you certainly did not "feel warm and Fuzzy either.

Thanks for your input, I'll contact my sales rep.

John

• Sansman,
    Just a thought but you might want talk with some of the guys in AU or NZ on some kind of partnership to cover your off hours.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Good idea - thanks!

• We had "Z" and well.... let's just say you get what you pay for. I don't think Kaseya should be too concerned. For the off hours monitoring we have the emails go to the oncall phone as text messages with a loud alert to them. It would depend on how many calls you get off hours. We offer a per call bonus for whomever gets calls off hours. We don't have a lot of calls so that seems to work.

Legacy Posted By Username: ggardiner
  • Hi ggardiner

Thanks, thats also a great suggestion. I'm also looking into using the K solution. It seems to be a good and economical solution.

john

• We used Zenith before coming to Kaseya. The support was horrible, and that is being kind. We had so many problems with them connecting to servers and restarting services on Exchange and SQL service despite being told not to.

Also support requests phoned in sat in voice mail and were never returned, emails were never answered. They would answer the easiest questions But the difficult questions never received a reply.

Legacy Posted By Username: edguyer