Here's a fun bug:
I have a script that deploys Office 2003 to machines by copying an administrative installation folder that exists in VSASharedFiles folder on my KServer. If you know Office CDs, that amounts to hundreds of folders, and 4000+ files. While I had no problem running the script, I cannot edit it in VSA. I get an ASP 0113 timeout error about a minute or two after clicking on script's edit tool. After wasting many hours today, I believe I traced the problem to the fact that the ASP code that runs when editing a script cannot handle working with lots of folders/files I was able to edit it *until* I copied the thousands of files into my VSASharedFiles folder...
I'll work around this bug by compressing everything into a single .ZIP and adding a step to my script that extracts it on the destination machine.
Update: just compressed all the Office 2003 files into a single ZIP file. Now my script opens quickly without a timeout. Actually, I had 2 Office admin install folders (2000 & 2003), which I just compressed into 2 ZIPs. Prior to the ZIPs, that amounted to 8000+ files! So indeed this was a bug...
Why do I just keep finding bug after bug with Kaseya? I would have thought all my fellow Kaseyans who have had the product far longer than I would have shaken all these bugs out by now As a one man shop I lose so much time to all these bugs and quirks, that I am not saving any money in my first year of owning Kaseya Just par for the course, huh?
On to the next bug...
I believe I traced the problem to the fact that the ASP code that runs when editing a script cannot handle working with lots of folders/files I was able to edit it *until* I copied the thousands of files into my VSASharedFiles folder...
lwolfI recently imported the Kaseya Script Pack, which included hundreds of scripts. Now, I am *sometimes* getting error some sort of timeout error when just scrolling thru the list fo scripts. (I can't remember the exact error, and it seems to be working okay at the moment).
GreyDuckScript organization is the single most consistently-frustrating thing about trying to manage my Kaseya environment. Hands-down. I have yet to work up the courage to try that alphabetical sort function, but every time I create a new folder and start moving scripts into it, I find that other scripts wander from folder to folder almost at random, and I have to go corral them back where they belong.
Suffice to say that I only create new folders when I get frustrated enough with scrolling through the list all the time (or searching for the same script over and over again) to put up with the frustration of the folder-creation process.
GreyDuckI... don't think this is a bug in Kaseya, really. Think about what's happening: The script editor window has to populate the "Write File"/"Write Directory" drop down with everything available in VSASharedFiles. There's probably a limit to how many individual items you can squeeze in, or there's a timeout just trying to read thousands of entries.