Kaseya Community

What is the COOLEST thing you've done with Kaseya?

• So many users here run their businesses with Kasyea!

I'd love to see lots of users post "The coolest thing you've done with Kaseya".

Some of the posts will be deep I'm sure, and for some of us the coolest thing may be old hat for others... but I think this is a great way for all to learn!

Please start posting away :-)

Legacy Forum Name: What is the COOLEST thing you've done with Kaseya?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • Ok me first.

The coolest thing we've done so far is to write a script that tested internet speed and health at a client site, and posted it to a GET file. See this post:

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/28/t/5948.aspx

I hope to have better examples soon :-)

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
  • What's not cool about the Kaseya product! I deployed agents to my wife and kids. When every morning I execute a WOL to get the kids up for school. I defrag my wife's hard drive once a week when she starts to prevent from random hysteria. I run a disk cleanup on my family before they go to bed.

I also have scripts to play "happy birthday" on their respective birthdays. When they get sick I run an anti-virus. I don't do to much monitoring as I respect their privacy. I do however, have a script that if the agents do not check in within 24 hours I am alerted via e-mail. At the end of the night I shut them all down and repeat the process all over again.

Now that's cool! Source available upon request.

Legacy Posted By Username: theodis
  • There's been a lot of cool things for me. We're an automotive conglomerate and essentially have roughly 100 car dealerships across the US we manage with Kaseya.

The coolest thing i did was get it installed, only cool things since then Smile

No but I have one guy who was able to script the install for Web Suite which is our DMS provider software that is essentially the backbone of data for every deal made in one of our dealerships. If none of you are familiar with it, it requires certain versions of .NET with certain patches, certain versions of Adobe, certain versions of all these various other products for it to all function properly, and they all have to be installed in a pretty little order to be successful. We had so many flaws in the old process we'd have lots of people on site to make sure it went smooth. Nowadays we push it to 700+ machines across a night or two, spot check and we're done.

Other things include writing a script literally in 5 minutes that would run against all the machines and do a dir/s for *.pst so we could find out which naughty users were using archive folders or had set one up accidentally and then had all their mail ripped out of their exchange mailbox.

Setting registry keys remotely, restarting outlook for users, popping up maintenance notifications. There's too many things to honestly list. I love it

Legacy Posted By Username: tsorensen@group1auto.com
  • Coolest thing (so far) would have to be my "defrag everything" script, which defrags all physical drives on the computers if needed, then e-mails me the logfile so I can verify the results. More VBS that Kaseya, but we couldn't do one without the other.

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • Hands down...

http://www.acropolistech.com/news/trackingsoftware.php

Just posted this on another topic but it applies to the OP's question quite nicely. Great publicity.

Legacy Posted By Username: jsammons@acropolistech.com
  • 1. Have a solution to backup all my remote users and be able to monitor it. Just this week, it saved us many hours and lots of frustration. OS, spyware & virus issues are most common and being able to restore to an earlier point in time in less than a few hours is just awesome. We used to send a replacement temp laptop overnight, get the bad one back and return it and many many hours of time and even lost billable time.

2. Be able to run a script to lock down a computer and keep them from logging on again. This has been very useful when doing a termination on a employee that works out of their home or is on the road all of the time.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • I have an exectuable I wrote that lets me send probes back and forth against mail servers to and fro to see if mail is still flowing. I call it from a script and the executable puts an error in the Event Viewer that I can trap with Kaseya using the Event-viewer based alerts.

So if one of my customer's mail server dies or is overloaded with traffic, I'll know. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: YvesLacombe
  • YvesLacombe
    I have an exectuable I wrote that lets me send probes back and forth against mail servers to and fro to see if mail is still flowing. I call it from a script and the executable puts an error in the Event Viewer that I can trap with Kaseya using the Event-viewer based alerts.

So if one of my customer's mail server dies or is overloaded with traffic, I'll know. Smile

Any chance you would share this. This would have saved me lots of headache recently.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • The coolest thing we've done is upgraded to K2008 and instantly make 100% of our customer base mad at us for not being able to monitor, protect and backup everything we promised them.Sad

OK not really but just found this an opportunity too easy to pass up.Confused I can see where the ability to run a script as the system account and effectively report on the progress of that script would give us unlimited possibilities for automation but we just have to get past the upgrade issues in order to spend time with the "cool" and profitable stuff.

Legacy Posted By Username: shaynes
  • I created a script and exe combination that will download and install all of those patches that Kaseya cannot perform.

I know this could have been accomplished by creating a custom script for each and every download, but this way just seems much easier to me. Pass the download path and command variables and it just works on it's own!

I think it's great! Stick out tongue

Legacy Posted By Username: lowray1975
  • Share. SHARE Smile

• Interprom
    Share. SHARE Smile

The problem with sharing is that stupid upload limit Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: lowray1975
  • how large is the script .exe combo?

If it isn't to large would you mind sharing it in an email?

Ylindsay@rmon-net.com

Please and Thank you.

Legacy Posted By Username: YLindsay
  • i wouldn't mind getting some of the same while your sharing your wealth...Thanks...

Legacy Posted By Username: 

Edited to remove username/personal info of another user.
    [edited by: BrianMcCann at 11:24 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 14, 2017]