Kaseya Community

Use Credential or Impersonate User Failing?

• Hi all,

Recently we've been trying to push an installer out to machines and have it install, but we keep getting this error:

FAILED in processing THEN step 3, Execute File, with error Failed to login with user credentials to execute command,

It's weird because the same Script will run on some machines, but not others... we're all in the same domain and the script is all using the same credential.

Any thoughts?

Legacy Forum Name: Use Credential or Impersonate User Failing?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • On the Agent tab under configure agents check the Set Credential to make sure they are configured correctly.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • They are. Set Credential is correct and passes for all agents.

• I know this is silly, but on the ones that failed, did you check to make sure the account used under "Set Credential" has administrative rights?

Legacy Posted By Username: JosephM
  • Yep, they're all using the same credential (The only domain admin account that exists... we're an IT Dept for a company using the Professional Edition)

• More weirdness. I get emails today from 3 of my machines stating Invalid Agent Credential... but if I goto the Set Credential screen and test the existing credential on those 3 machines, I get a pass.

What gives?

• This is exceedingly weird. I think I'm going to have to raise a support ticket

• 1). We generally do not use credentials and things seem to work rather well that way.

2) if the user is already logged on I believe you will have problems making a second connection to the domain with a different user. For example try mapping a drive letter to a domain as admin when another user is already logged in.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Normally I would just let things run, however Application Deploys in our company require Administrator rights to launch the installer; thus the reasoning for the Use Credential.

I find it weird that it works on some machines in the company... Heck, most machines in the company.. but a few others don't. And those machines that don't I can still log into using the same credential, and access the same resource manually I was trying to access through Kaseya

• After 6 days of back and forth with Kaseya support, where in 1 particular tech has outright lied to me in his findings... I'm starting to see the same frusteration level with support that everyone else has.

Here's a synopsis of my problem. I have several machines (a dozen or so) that are constantly failing their Credential Test, and thus I can't use Scripts to install software on them, Patch management fails for them, and a host of other Credential related problems.

The credential I'm using is our Domain Administrator login, which if I log into the console using the very same credential is successful. I've tried using both the FQDN and "Specify Domain" setting, as well as the "Use Machine's Current Domain" which uses the NetBIOS non-FQDN name. I get the same failures for both, with new added machines for the NetBIOS name.

I've been back and forth on this with Kaseya Support, getting my Account Manager involved where I can.. They so far take days to get back to me, and when they do they lie to me about what they've done (Ex: The support rep said he had reset the credentials on all of my failing machines to the domain credential, which I provided him, and they all passed. When I checked the Set Credential screen, of the listing I gave him the vast majority were -still- set to the Local Credential I had used for testing 4 days prior. He hadn't tested the credential on these machines at all!)

Anyone else seen a problem such as this, or had a similar responce from Kaseya Support?

• I hate to play devils advocate, but I'm betting there is something weird in GP. It sounds like you guys set up a lot of stuff that way and there is some inconsistency with configuration between machines. My company is an MSP for a lot of companies and in almost 3 years we haven't had this issue, yet...

Legacy Posted By Username: Leadfoot
  • No group policies on our network.

Jeff contacted me today after he took over the ticket, and has passed it to Development... so I should know something more soon