Kaseya Community

Connectwise and Kaseya ticketing

• we have been using KAseya 3 years and ticketing is great. We just went to CW and their ticketing SUCKS. If a person puts in their email it won't update them on the ticket lilke K does and they say "that is because they are not listed as a contact." BS answer as I am not adding 800 emails and if you had the person enter the address the WHY NOT USE IT FOR SOMETHING!!!

anyone have any really good way of getting CW to behave like K with emailing the contact?

Legacy Forum Name: Connectwise and Kaseya ticketing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: markmancini
  • Not sure how you have your CW setup but we are using 'rapid response' for our HelpDesk board. Even if a client is setup as the 'contact' they can change that email address at will and rapid response will then use that email for communication. We can also add whoever we want and bring them right into all the communication on that ticket as well.

If you plan on using the agent integration all machines (double-click the agent) will need to be associated with a contact anyway. Connectwise provides an a sample Excel file that can be filled out, when we made the transition we copied that a few times and sent it off to our clients and had them fill it out. Alternatively, you can set one of your clients as an 'admin' in the client portal and they can add/change/remove employees and their contact info at will.

Not to bash Kaseya, but their ticketing is extremely basic. It isn't SLA based, you can't attach workflows to it. Did you not demo Connectwise or the other alternatives? If you are comfortable with Kaseya's ticketing why not cancel CW and wait a little longer for Kaseya to come out with the Service Desk module?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • markmancini
    we have been using KAseya 3 years and ticketing is great. We just went to CW and their ticketing SUCKS. If a person puts in their email it won't update them on the ticket lilke K does and they say "that is because they are not listed as a contact." BS answer as I am not adding 800 emails and if you had the person enter the address the WHY NOT USE IT FOR SOMETHING!!!

anyone have any really good way of getting CW to behave like K with emailing the contact?

You should have imported all of your user's email addresses into ConnectWise during the implementation. You would be better off posting this on the ConnectWise forum...

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • Sorry, but if you think CW ticketing "SUCKS", then there are issues with how you are using CW.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • CW has been the best ticketing solution i have ever implemented. Kaseya and CW have changed our business. however you get yourself past the point of frustration - trust me when i say you will be happy in the long run with both products.

Legacy Posted By Username: saybrook
  • mmoore
    Sorry, but if you think CW ticketing "SUCKS", then there are issues with how you are using CW.

Maybe, maybe not. The same shoe doesn't fit all feet. We tried CW and it definitely didn't work for us. We spoke extensively with support, the developers and Arnie. CW was too rigid of a solution. It all depends on your business and your customers. The solution has to fit your business - not the other way around.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • [QUOTE=RCS-Michael;39462]Maybe, maybe not. The same shoe doesn't fit all feet. We tried CW and it definitely didn't work for us. We spoke extensively with support, the developers and Arnie. CW was too rigid of a solution. It all depends on your business and your customers. The solution has to fit your business - not the other way around.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I have to agree here. Even though Connectwise is one of the 'top dogs', they certainly aren't the best solution for every MSP out there.

As far as I know there is no way to 'force' Connectwise to behave like Kaseya's ticketing module. You can submit an enhancement request but if your experience is anything like ours, it will make it's way to development and sit there for months and months. This is a tough situation to be in, a big decision is going to have to be made here, stick with Connectwise and either adapt, or drop them and move to another solution (Autotask, TigerPaw, etc.) or wait until Kaseya gets the Service Module out there. I would assume that the ServiceDesk module will be close to the ticketing module as possible.

What I can tell you, is that the more you work within Connectwise the better it gets. There are lots of small things that you initially miss in the beginning which are pretty damn cool.

I know it seems like a lot of work (it doesn't have to be) to get everyone in the system, but once everything is setup and running adding new clients is a breeze.

• I've found the ticketing in CW to be way better than that of Kaseya. It took me a while, but once I realized that all ticket correspondence should take place in CW it makes it way easier to track emails within the ticket, something that Kaseya lacks.

The major issue I have with the integration between these is the fact that one portal has features I like and so does the other, but you are kind of forced to use one or the other for the client portal. I think the best way to tackle this is to use the k-icon to bring up the kserver portal, and then cusomize the the ticket entry with a custom link/tab on the left that will submit an email to support@msp.com, so all tickets are through the email connector. Also, I think you could have another link to the CW portal, so management can log in and see tickets, executive summary, etc.

Mainly, I don't want to lose the chat feature in Kaseya. How has everyone else been working with these issues between the two systems?

Legacy Posted By Username: bkelleher
  • [QUOTE=RCS-Michael;39462]Maybe, maybe not. The same shoe doesn't fit all feet. We tried CW and it definitely didn't work for us. We spoke extensively with support, the developers and Arnie. CW was too rigid of a solution. It all depends on your business and your customers. The solution has to fit your business - not the other way around.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I agree that CW will not work for everyone, but to say the CW "SUCKS" is over the top.

Every application can't work for everyone.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • [quote user="bkelleher"]
    The major issue I have with the integration between these is the fact that one portal has features I like and so does the other, but you are kind of forced to use one or the other for the client portal. I think the best way to tackle this is to use the k-icon to bring up the kserver portal, and then cusomize the the ticket entry with a custom link/tab on the left that will submit an email to support@msp.com, so all tickets are through the email connector. Also, I think you could have another link to the CW portal, so management can log in and see tickets, executive summary, etc.

QUOTE]

Are you aware that you can change the k-icon to open a ticket in CW that will bring up the user that is assigned to that machine?

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • bkelleher
    I've found the ticketing in CW to be way better than that of Kaseya. It took me a while, but once I realized that all ticket correspondence should take place in CW it makes it way easier to track emails within the ticket, something that Kaseya lacks.

Mainly, I don't want to lose the chat feature in Kaseya. How has everyone else been working with these issues between the two systems?

We changed our agent to link directly to our portal and login the user on that machine just like it does for the Kaseya portal.

As for that chat and remote control features, we found that if chat was enabled clients would constantly just open a chat session for everything and expected us to drop everything to help them. As for the remote feature, we wanted our kserver to be as hidden as possible so we direct clients to use a different remote control solution.

We can still open a chat session with our clients but they can't with us. It's a trade off, but we still have like 4 ways for them to create a support request so chat isn't really needed.

• I agree with Cerulean here, you definitely miss things in the first couple weeks.

It's not for everyone, we REALLY didn't like Autotask. We've been using CW for 3 years and it continues to get better. I don't know how we survived without something before.

Then beyond tickets in Kaseya (we still have break fix clients and we do mixed environments and Apple only customers) it's great to be able to track and bill projects in CW. The customer database is as good as you could expect. Having everything on our own Server 2003 box in our server room is a big comfort (we are kinda control freaks)!

Little issues like email accounts not updating are very small once you use CW for what it's worth. And you really should have had that database uploaded when it was implemented, sounds like there may have been some dropping of balls somewhere...

Legacy Posted By Username: Leadfoot