Kaseya Community

Support's level 1 staff: how would you grade them?

• On a side note, I do want to applaud Kaseya support for accepting many of my enhancement requests that I have submitted via tickets, and making them a reality! With many other vendors, requests would never get beyond the "suggestion box". Great job Kaseya!!!

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • ReedMikel
    That tells me they have few, if any, internal processes in place to detect and react to open tickets that are awaiting an update from Kaseya. Or if they do have processes, they aren't using them Sad
    !

FYI... in speaking with some folks at Kaseya, I learned that they actually use the Kaseya software itself for their ticketing.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Thats not such a great sign when you see how sub-par their handling of tickets seem to be.

I currently have had a support ticket open with Kaseya support for over a month. It's recently been escalated to development, but it seems in order to get any progress or push this through I've had to call my sales rep and a support manager for my region.

Its a bit of a shame this part of Kaseya is lacking considering how great the rest of the software is!

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • lwolf
    FYI... in speaking with some folks at Kaseya, I learned that they actually use the Kaseya software itself for their ticketing.

You can see that for yourself if you use the "Request Support" button as a master admin: The link sends you to their Kaseya-based ticketing interface. It's not terrible, but I much prefer ConnectWise...

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • I got a good chuckle today when I looked at an update Kaseya made on one of my tickets over the Thanksgiving holiday:

This is a reminder that we requested some information on 26-Nov-08 related to Kaseya incident id:158291 opened by you and have not yet had a response. We are now closing the ticket, but it will be automatically re-opened as soon as we receive any further information or feedback from you

While I certainly have complained when they don't update my open tickets in a timely fashion, this is a first Smile I guess they now allot 4 days for customers to reply? If it works BOTH ways, I'll be thrilled Cool

• Wow. Thats pretty obscene in my own opinion. The delay between our initial logging of the ticket and their response/resolution is fairly long. However as soon as you take a few days to respond they request updates and close the job.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • I am hoping it's more a sign of some new automation to handling of stalled tickets. Maybe they are finally putting some automated/scripted procedures in place to prevent tickets from going "stale" - on both sides. I normally respond within minutes to any updates of my Kaseya tickets - usually to ask it be escalated to Tier 2... And if I do forget to update a ticket, I sure won't object to a reminder. Now we'll have to see if it's working both ways - if a ticket is stalled waiting for Kaseya to update it more than say 4 days - will the Kaseya assignee/technician get an email. How about his manager?

• FYI... I talked with a senior person in Kaseya Supprot today who told me they are planning to start using a beta version of the upcoming Service Desk module for internal support around the end of the year.

I am hoping that will help them be better able to handle our supporrt requests :-)

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • lwolf
    I talked with a senior person in Kaseya Supprot today who told me they are planning to start using a beta version of the upcoming Service Desk module for internal support around the end of the year.

That sounds like a terrible idea to me. Can't you just see a response saying, "Sorry we lost your ticket and all of the screenshots you took to document it. Our help desk is running a beta version of the ticketing software, that bug will be fixed in the next release"?

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • I hope this new "Service Desk" module is a core module, not an optional (additional expense) one? I had thought that the Ticketing module was going to be a lot more powerful in the next release. Maybe I misunderstood and the enhancements will only be part of an add-on?

• ReedMikel
    The odd part is that management thinks support is doing a fine job in handling of tickets Confused Recently I had some tickets go dormant for nearly 3 weeks. Like IWolf, I too had to start calling my salesperson, then Tech Support Mgr, then Director of Global Support. Once the Director got my email, support began earnestly resuming working on all my tickets...

That tells me they have few, if any, internal processes in place to detect and react to open tickets that are awaiting an update from Kaseya. Or if they do have processes, they aren't using them Sad

If I had to pick one area of improvement for Kaseya to focus on, it would be setting up processes to catch these tickets that go into limbo... If there is a tech that is overloaded, lazy, or whatever - reassign the stalled tickets to someone else!

I have two requests that have been sitting in limbo for a full week now. For the first time it's actually costing me money. I made a post about it to the BUDR forum. I've contacted my concierge, who contacted the support manager, but I'm still sitting there with tickets that have been sitting unacknowledged for over a week now.

How did you get in touch with the Director of Global Support? Like I said on the BUDR forum: I'm wondering if there's a way I can put my support fees into escrow Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: topdogpc
  • I met him at the conference this June in Vegas and had his card... I'm sure you could ask your salesperson for his contact info. I won't divulge his email address, but I think his name is Alan Davis Smile

topdogpc
    How did you get in touch with the Director of Global Support? Big Smile

• I have been reading through these posts here and I fully agree that Kaseya support is lacking big time. I love the product. But it becomes so frustrating to have to restate the same question over and over in support tickets because the technician doesn't seem to be reading the ticket. I really hope this changes soon. It takes days to get even the simplest of questions answered.

Legacy Posted By Username: efieric
  • Some IT support persons cultivate a culture where they base their (perceived) value on how many cycles they cause and in which they do not complete.

Cycles = Busy = Job Security.

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • Might be the case for some techs, but I tend to think it's more a matter of them feeling overwhelmed with tickets. So they shoot back a quick answer (not having read all our notes), and move on to the next ticket. It buys them some time - in the sense that they have at least updated the ticket.

Until Kaseya has an automated system that not only alerts the assigned tech of overdue tickets, but management as well, service will be varied and mediocre. Wait, can't their own Ticketing module already do this? Smile Under Ticketing->Notify Policy there is a check box for [x] Overdue Ticket which could send an email to management and/or the assignee. Granted it does not offer much sophistication, but seems like it could be used to good affect.

Being a programmer, I'd just write a Crytal Report or a SQL application and really get their tech support house in order. But I'd bet their resources are spread thin - working on more lucrative (in their mind) endeavors. I'd argue that excellent (TIMELY and ACCURATE) tech support has a LOT of value too...

[QUOTE=myArch-man;35270]Some IT support persons cultivate a culture where they base their (perceived) value on how many cycles they cause and in which they do not complete.

Cycles = Busy = Job Security. [/QUOTE]