Kaseya Community

User Conference 2009 - yes??

• We are deciding if we should attend Kaseya Connect 2009 this year. Everyone has heard about this recession going on and it adds up to a total cost of about $5000 per person to go there (soft and hard cost).

Is there anyone who could tell me if this is useful to go to and if there is any ROI (return on investment). This way we can build a better case to attend.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Legacy Forum Name: User Conference 2009 - yes??,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ddenhoed
  • I invested in a 2500 node license last May, and got to go to the Conference in June.

I have to say that I felt it was very much worth it. There were some sales pitches for new modules, and soem sessions that were not the best. But there were many sessions that were very good. But most of all, as a Kaseya newbie, I found the discussions that I had with other businesses using Kaseya to be invaluable. I made a point to sit with different people at every meal. Everyone was was great, and ready and willing to share their experiences.

I beleiev the early registration cost is ionly $1500 per person. Add a few hundred for airfare, and another few hundred to incidentals and maybe some table games, and it may add up to $2,500 - not counting the opportunity cost of lost billable time time. Well worth it, IMHO.

I am planning to attend again this year.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Was early registration $1500? Thought it was the same as it is this year. That included like 3-nights in the hotel + meals so it's not too bad. The conference itself is done well. Plus, it's Vegas. Is it worth it? Guess that depends on what you put in and take out of it. If you sit through 3-days of presentations and end up not learning or putting anything in place you learned, then you just wasted your money. If you take even one thing home that earns you that money back...it makes it worth it.

We received a DVD of all the presentations which was a serious bonus because you always miss out on something important. I am not sure if the DVD's are for sale otherwise or if you had to go in order to get one. I don't see why Kaseya doesn't offer it up for those that can't make it.

On top of the presentations, the close conversations you have with other MSPs and what they are doing and how is to me at least, worth just as much as some guy with a powerpoint and a large screen.

Anyway, thanks for this thread. I didn't even see that they posted the registration info and dates for this year.

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • >>>Was early registration $1500? Thought it was the same as it is this year.

My mistake. Early registration is only $995.

Lloyd

• Guys.... one word... VEGAS!!!!

Let's be serious.

Legacy Posted By Username: lgarnier
  • ok, let's be serious for a minute. I can go to Vegas for 2 full weeks for 995. Including hotel and airfare. So I need a little bit better reason then 'a trip to Vegas'. Of course, WE LOVE VEGAS. But seeing some return on the investment might be nice for our company owners spending the money.

Does anybody have links to good articles from last year's conference or any keynotes or speeches that were usefull (or will be usefull)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
    Daniel

Legacy Posted By Username: ddenhoed
  • Daniel,

Please review my original reply. many of the sessions were very helpful (a few were not). The interaction and discussion with others users was invaluable. I made a point to sit with different people at every meal. Everyone was was great, and ready and willing to share their experiences.

Lloyd

• lwolf
    Daniel,

Please review my original reply. many of the sessions were very helpful (a few were not). The interaction and discussion with others users was invaluable. I made a point to sit with different people at every meal. Everyone was was great, and ready and willing to share their experiences.

Lloyd

I was not able to make it last year, but I will be attending this year just for this purpose.

Also I was thinking it would be great to meet most of the active forum users to put a face to the user name. Sounds like a meal is the way to go.

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • I just booked my tickets and plan to be there... It's really cool how they gave the special events/meals/flights to Supreme Masters only.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile

• SmileSmileSmileSmile

Boudj

• I'm in.

Did you see the attendee directory after you registered? Pretty cool.

I sure hope they have the air hockey tables this year Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Randy

Legacy Posted By Username: rcspang
  • I'm planning on attending this for the first time. The owner of the company I work for was wondering if he would get much out of this conference if he also attended. He doesn't do any of the technical work for us, the only time he touches Kaseya is to look at reports or get machine counts for a client. He mainly focuses on technical sales. Can anyone that's attended previously give me some input on whether they think it would be useful for him to attend, or is this geared more towards the people actually using and configuring Kaseya on a daily basis? Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • The following link is to the agenda for this user conf:

http://www.kaseya.com/download/en-us/files/2009.kaseya.user.conference.agenda.pdf

• kcears
    Can anyone that's attended previously give me some input on whether they think it would be useful for him to attend, or is this geared more towards the people actually using and configuring Kaseya on a daily basis? Thanks

Although I am our senior tech guy too, as a business owner, I found the discussions that I had with other business owners and managers using Kaseya to be invaluable. I made a point to sit with different people at every meal. Everyone was was great, and ready and willing to share their experiences.

Lloyd