Kaseya Community

One of my vista admin machines can't use VNC to connect to other vista machines

• I have a laptop I use when I am out of the office - has NO problem using VNC to remote into Windows XP machines. When I attempt to remote into a machine running Windows Vista (all flavors) - I see the users desktop but as soon as I move my mouse to do anything the VNC Viewer screen closes.

What is weird is that the other vista machines I have in my office have no problems what-so-ever.

And in a test I was doing tonight - I was able to use my keyboard to navigate through screens but the second I touched the mouse and moved it over the VNC window - the screen disappeared.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kaseya as well a the various VNC clients that were on my machine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Brian

Legacy Forum Name: One of my vista admin machines can't use VNC to connect to other vista machines,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Brian
  • Further research seems to point to something with my mouse. I have a Logitech MX Revolution and when I use it, the VNC window screen closes. When I use the touchpad on my Logitech Dinovo keyboard - works fine.

Hmmmm... will need to investigate!

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Brian
  • Hi Brian,

I have had a problem with vnc (before using Kaseya) which was almost exactly as you discribed. it turned out to the driver being used for the mouse. changed and everything was fine afterwards.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Dean Osborne