Kaseya Community

Kaseya Web Pages So SLOOOOOWWWWW

• I have been having this issue from day one. I love Kaseya but the web pages often open so slowly.

I am running on a VMWare ESX server but I just don't see how this could be the issue. I have monitored the RAM usage & processor usage and find that neither are taxed. Even disk usage is not taxed.

My system only hosts about 75 agents so it is not a big install.

Would moving the database to a SQL server make a significant impact. I want to use Kaseya even more than I do now but the performance needs to improve.

What ideas do you have?

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Web Pages So SLOOOOOWWWWW,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • Yes, the best thing for you to do is move your database to another partition. I would also suggest using SQL 2005 Enterprise if your not already.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • TITaN
    Yes, the best thing for you to do is move your database to another partition. I would also suggest using SQL 2005 Enterprise if your not already.

Partition or system. Since this is a VM, another partition does not seem like it would make a difference. It is all on the same RAID5 array.

• Suggestion: google for performance optimize ESX for SQL. You'll find some good advice for optimally setting up your VS to run SQL.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I should add that we are running the Kaseya DB now in the SQL Express install that Kaseya does that is on the C drive of the VM.

The performance could be more related to SQL Express vs SQL 2005 than VM???

• Shouldn't be... What kind of system is the host system? RAM, HD Type and speed, etc...

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • MMoore - what do you consider slow?

Don't let anyone at Kaseya know this, but I am running 160 agents on a lowly Dell PowerEdge 2400 server (dual PIII/900MHz, 2GB RAM),that dates back to 2000! It does have Ultra2 SCSI drives in RAID5, which I am sure accounts for the reasonable performance I get out of my KServer. I'd estimate the average VSA page takes 2-3 seconds to display. Sometimes, when the planets align and Windows is happy, VSA can be snappy at 1 sec per page Smile Some modules, like KES, seem to display slower than others. These VSA timing are for my own workstation attached to same LAN as KServer. Oddly, I sense the VSA GUI is faster when I connect in from a client's PC over the Internet - go figure. All I can guess is that I have a pretty bloated development workstation...

And this crappy old server is my Win 2003 AD/PDC, Exchange 2003 and KServerBig Smile No virtualization, all under one os. I do plan on purchasing a new server and virtualizing these 3 servers - but I do run ok for now...

Support had told me that SQL 2005 Express vs full SQL 2005 should make no difference in speed for such a small KServer. Mine is still running Express...

I do want to see what affect moving the SQL log file to a separate volume on my RAID5 makes. I seem to recall that as a popular suggestion to speed up SQL...

Disclaimer: this is NOT a recommended set of specs for a KServer Smile I'm just a green person and try to reuse as much equipment as possible. I know I am taking risks, but love the challenge Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • The major issue you're likely to run into is going to be the disk IO when running Kaseya in a VM, so if this is not being hammered then it's likely that your problems lie elsewhere, following boudj's suggestion of checking Google for optimizing performance of SQL in a VM is likely to be the best start.

Cheers.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Just curious, what do others experience as far as an average time for a VSA page to display?

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • Around a second or so during peak times, dependent on how many users are using it at the time etc.

• We have about 1600 Agents. Our Kserver is on one physical machine (not a VM). Dell PowerEdge 2900, 8GB of RAM, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Standard Edition, RAID5 array with 15k RPM Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drives in one Virtual Disk, split into a c-partition and D-partition.

During slower times, it takes 1-2 seconds for VSA pages to load. Our heaviest time in 1PM-4PM, when we are running daily audits. During that time, it can take up to 3 seconds seconds.

I am pretty satisfied with this performance. It has been much better since movig from a 2003 HyperV VM, to a physical machine. We noticed a measurable improvement.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Sometimes, it is a second or so for me but most of the time it is several seconds. More than a second or two is too slow in my opinion. The nature of Kaseya requires the pages to refresh and to move around the application alot and constantly waiting 3-6 seconds and sometimes more is not acceptable.

I am going to think about moving the DB off of the Kaseya virtual server and onto our DB server that runs ConnectWise.

• We experienced a 2x to 3x improvement when we moved our kserver from a HyperV VM to a new physical machine.

Lloyd

• We've justed noticed a HUGE difference when enabling AWE in SQL! Smile!

• LANWorx,

Would you think that AWE would help with a server with 8GB of RAM, running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition?

Lloyd