Kaseya Community

All Agents showing Offline after kserver move from virtual machine to new physical machine

• Hello. Looking for a little help....

Today (Saturday) we were moving our kserver from a virtual machine to a new newly purchased, more powerful, physical machine. This was accomplished by using Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery imaging software, making an image of the kserver from the virtual environment, and restoring it to the new physical machine.

The base migration went smoothly. Windows Server, SQL Server, and all related software and services were up-and-running. Kserver service is up-and-running. I could successfully log into the kserver and see the kaseya screens, menus, etc. Kserver Service showed as Running.

But, the big problem.... all Agents were showing offline, including all 1400+ Agents for our customers, and including all of our in-house servers and PCs, and including the Agent installed the kserver server itself.

I checked the Kaseya Knowledge Base, but could not find any related KB
    articles.

We did not change any IPs. The firewall WAN IPs' remained the same, firewall NAT rules remained the same, LAN IP of the Kserver stayed the same. Workstations on my LAN can PING the kserver. The fact that the Agents on my LAN also were showing offline tells me the problem is not firewall related.

From a PC on my LAN, I could successfully telnet to port 5721.It answered (with a blank screen, but I did NOT get a "could not open connection to the host", so I assume basic Kaseya through TCPIP port 5721 was working.

I do not see any errors in the Windows Event Logs, or in the Kserver log.

I ended-up shutting down the physcal machine, and reverting back to my virtual machine. All Agents started communicating immediately, and showed online again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why none of the Agents were communicating with the migrated kserver - from the WAN or on my local LAn, or on the kserver itself?

As always, thanks in advance.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: All Agents showing Offline after kserver move from virtual machine to new physical machine,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Can you connect to the internet from the K-Server? Browse the LAN?

I would re-install Kaseya on top of the existing installation on the new machine, then check and see if the agent on the server will check in.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • If that doesn't work, verify that you have the correct NIC driver and reinstall.

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • Alan M
    Can you connect to the internet from the K-Server? Browse the LAN?

Yes, I could access the internet successfully from the kserver, browse to our file server/domain controller on the LAN, ping the kserver from other PCs on the LAN. Seems like everything related to basic networking was working.

Lloyd

• Very weird. Re-apply schema?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Coldfirex
    Very weird. Re-apply schema?

I was thinking of that. I will try tomorrow. I can disconnect the physical machine from my LAN, boot it up, and then Re-apply schema.

I shoudl at least be able to get the Agent installed on the kserver itself to come online. I am also going to try workign with 2nd level support tomorrow.

Lloyd

• Hi.. I have a similar issue where all my agents go offline randomly (e.g. sometimes 5 minutes after restarting the KServices and sometimes 2 days after)... did Reapplying the Schema resolve your similar issue?

Legacy Posted By Username: markmac
  • No, it did not. In my case, I think it had something to do with Networking related to the migration from the virtual machine to the physical machine. There were two MIC cards in the DELL server, and somehow the IP got bound to the second NIC instead of the firest NIC.

Lloyd