Kaseya Community

FTP shows incorrect info

• Kaseya_FTP.jpg
    I have a problem with the FTP part of Remote Cntrl. When I try to view the backup drives of our clients to make sure the files are there without bothering the client by VNCing to them, it appears that any files that are larger than 2GB get reported incorrectly in size and the date. This makes it very difficult to make sure backups are working properly when I spot check.

See attached .png file. As you can see, the file size is 8 quadrillion KB and the date is 1/1/1980. If I break up the backups into 2GB max size it's hard to tell what order they go in since the date and time is incorrect.

Maybe the trick is to make the backup files 1.9GB instead of 2 or no limit, but I can't fathom why an FTP client from 2008 can't show large file sizes. I believe this is an issues even when viewing files on the local C: drive like a >2GB .PST file.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Frank

Legacy Forum Name: FTP shows incorrect info,
    Legacy Posted By Username: computica
  • The FTP part is quite problematic in regard to dates times and sizes. The FTP part is a shareware code that is quite old. Inof about it here - http://www.whitsoftdev.com/slimftpd/
    Although, the site addresses the version 3 code. Kaseya is using V2 code. I've reported the problem before to support....
    With all the other fish to fry, I wouldn't imagine a fix any time soon.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rhayes@expertnetsolutions.com
  • A new file transfer mechanism is planned for a future release that will replace SlimFTP.

Legacy Posted By Username: dwalsh
  • That would be great to have a new FTP client. It's terrible as it is now. Any ETA on when it will be ready. I've been struggling with the current one for a year now.

Thanks

Frank

Legacy Posted By Username: computica