Kaseya Community

Kaseya Roadmap

• Any reason why the new Roadmap hasn't been posted? Seems very interesting, too bad no time lines!

http://www.kaseya.com/download/en-us/files/Roadmap2009.pdf

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Roadmap,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jeremyj
  • Well they do say 2009 roadmap, so I'd expect most of these new features to be available by the end of 2009.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • There is a lot there - The Security Information Module - Nessus etc is particularly interesting for me as I am looking at options to deliver at the moment.

Legacy Posted By Username: askcons
  • The big question is, what portions of this Roadmap are going to be part of the standard Kaseya Product and what are they going to try and ding us extra for. I'm hoping my monthly support goes to advancements of what I bought, not into new offerings that I'd need to spend extra on.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • I think Doug hit that nail on the head Stick out tongue

Legacy Posted By Username: GrantB
  • doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
    The big question is, what portions of this Roadmap are going to be part of the standard Kaseya Product and what are they going to try and ding us extra for. I'm hoping my monthly support goes to advancements of what I bought, not into new offerings that I'd need to spend extra on.

If this is the case it will pretty much be the final straw that makes us leave kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • Interprom
    If this is the case it will pretty much be the final straw that makes us leave kaseya.

I'm with you on that, Gavin.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Sadly, I get the strong feeling that only the "KASEYA NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE, including Web-Server Side: Virtual System Administrator and Client Side: Kaseya OS Agents" page of the 2009 roadmap lists the new feastures and functions that will be "included" as part of our standard maintenence fees for the VSA. I will say that some of the new features sound very nice - especially the better control.

It makes sense to me that the features/functions on the Security page would only be included for current maintenance subscribers who have KES. And it makes sense to me that the features/functions related to BUDR on the Business Continuity page would only be included for current maintenance subscribers who have BUDR.

But I get the feeling the all other things mentioned in the roadmap will be "extra" - such as Service Delivery, Service Management, Monitoring and Availability, and Virtualization.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Another approach could be to offer existing users the option to "upgrade" your current licences to add all the new modules for a single fee that is significantly discounted from the cost of purchasing new licences.

Additionally consider offering standard bundle discounts when purchasing new licences instead of having to haggle with your sales rep. Say if you purchase VSA, KES and BUDR the entire package would be discounted by 20-30% off standalone module pricing.

While you may feel Kaseya is a bit arrogant about their product pricing, they have to acknowledge that there are other options out there these days that are more cost effective. The SaaS option I think reflects their understanding that outright licence purchases are not that important to everyone these days and that MSPs are not happy about holding idle licences on their books.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology