Kaseya Community

Patch Nag Reboot *BROKEN*

• For a couple months we have been seeing a problem get worse and worse. The page nag reboot script will hang the Kaseya Agent. This requires us to remote into another functioning machine on the network and then RDP into the machine to reset/reboot the agent.

This is absolutely a nightmare! Anyone else having this problem?

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Nag Reboot *BROKEN*,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Yes, same exact experience here. It highly annoying to lose contact with a machine during the patch nag window.

Canceling the nag script and restarting the Kaseya agent service from another PC on the LAN will bring it back. If you can't access the LAN you can also cancel the script on the server and schedule a reboot and eventually the reboot script will squeek through.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • Did you ever get anywhere with this?

• Have you reported this? If so, please PM me the ticket ID.

Legacy Posted By Username: dwalsh
  • dwalsh
    Have you reported this? If so, please PM me the ticket ID.

No, I haven't. It happens so regularly that I assumed Kaseya must be aware of this behavior, but I can go ahead and submit it if this would be helpful.

*edit*

I went ahead and submitted this issue and sent a PM with the ticket number. Thanks!

Far, I will quote my submitted text below in case there is anything that you would like to add.

[quote=ticket]Dominic Walsh suggested that I submit a ticket for this issue in the Kaseya forum. Thanks Dom!

To duplicate this issue go to the "Patch Management>Reboot action" page and apply the "If user logged in ask to reboot every 60 minutes until the reboot occurs. Reboot if user not logged in." setting to a workstation. After the patch installation script sequence completes and the Patch Nag Reboot script sequence begins, the Patch Nag Reboot 5 script remains highlighted in yellow under Pending Scripts like it is waiting for user input to complete.

The problem is that because the Patch Nag Reboot 5 script shows as pending, any new script scheduled to run instantly will queue up behind the pending script rather than execute.

Eventually the Patch Nag Reboot 5 script completes and then hangs on the next Patch Nag Reboot 5 script. I think that manually scheduled scripts squeak through in between the hanging Patch Nag Reboot 5 script sequences, but this does not allow one to use VNC properly (or any other script) during a given window of opportunity or demand.

In some cases I can cancel the Patch Nag Reboot 5 script, log into a different PC on the remote LAN and restart the agent service on the problematic PC to free the script engine, but it remains problematic in cases where this is not possible. I have also been able to cancel the Patch Nag Reboot 5 script and wait a varying amount of time for scripts to begin going through again, but in situations where time is of the essence this too remains problematic.

Parenthetically, it would be useful if the frequency maximum of "Once every 60 minutes" on the Patch Nag Reboot script sequence was changed. I am learning that the patch nag screens are almost universally despised by my clients and I would like to extend this to as much as once per day.

Please let me know if any of this can be resolved on my end, or if any changes can be made on your end to modify this behavior.

Thanks! [/quote]