Kaseya Community

Video Streaming limitations

• I'm doing some research on video streaming and wondering if any of ya'll have run into something like this.

It looks that each administrator can only have one session active at a time, however, is there a limit to the number of administrators who can have a single active session running at once?

I know there is a limit based on your hardware, but is there a hard cap based on the Kaseya software?

Legacy Forum Name: Video Streaming limitations,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GSUBass05
  • GSUBass05
    I'm doing some research on video streaming and wondering if any of ya'll have run into something like this.

It looks that each administrator can only have one session active at a time, however, is there a limit to the number of administrators who can have a single active session running at once?

I know there is a limit based on your hardware, but is there a hard cap based on the Kaseya software?

From memory, when we started with Kaseya a few years ago, we were told the max was 2 concurrent video streaming sessions.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • There is no limitation within Kaseya on the number of concurrent RC / Video Streaming sessions.

Legacy Posted By Username: dwalsh
  • dwalsh
    There is no limitation within Kaseya on the number of concurrent RC / Video Streaming sessions.

That's great - thanks!

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • dwalsh
    There is no limitation within Kaseya on the number of concurrent RC / Video Streaming sessions.

That's good to hear.

Is there a limit on the number of sessions that can be waiting to be connected?

IE...you have 4 sessions showing at the https:///gethelp.asp webpage.

The reason I bring this up is because when we were testing we had 4 sessions waiting to connect, we'd click on the session we wanted and nothing would occur. We had to drop one of the sessions that were waiting. Once we only had 3 open sessions we were able to connect to the remote user and start up other sessions.

I'm guessing this is because our web server was taking a big hit with the 4 waiting sessions and the response time was slowed but am not sure.

Legacy Posted By Username: GSUBass05
  • I'm not sure what limit you are hitting there. Are you seeing high resource utilisation on the server? If there is nothing obvious then I'd suggest raising a ticket with steps to reproduce the scenario, so we can investigate further.

Legacy Posted By Username: dwalsh