Kaseya Community

Enable VSA API Web Service?

• Anyone know what VSA API is? It appears to be unchecked by default.

Legacy Forum Name: Enable VSA API Web Service?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: AlexPyle
  • Virtual System Administrator Application Programming Interface - implemented via web service

It's the new (supported) API for 3rd party apps interfacing with Kaseya. For instance, ConnectWise is updating their MSP module to use it.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • Ah - ok - no need for me or my site!

Legacy Posted By Username: AlexPyle
  • What tab is that on? We haven't upgraded yet but I'd like to read more on the capabilities of the API and I can't find any information about it in the online help. Perhaps if I knew where this was enabled, I would be able to find the Help information re: it.

Thanks,

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • [QUOTE=RCS-Michael;26240]What tab is that on? We haven't upgraded yet but I'd like to read more on the capabilities of the API and I can't find any information about it in the online help. Perhaps if I knew where this was enabled, I would be able to find the Help information re: it.

Thanks,

Michael[/QUOTE]

Web services are exposed at:
    http://localhost:81/vsaWs/KaseyaWS.asmx

will try how it works in following weeks as i would like to integrate Connectwise serviceDesk with Kaseya.

and methods:

Authenticate
    Required to begin Kaseya WebService session. The SessionID returned must be submitted with every Method invoked during session. The SessionID is only valid when received from the same machine the Authentication originates from.

CloseAlarm
    Closes Alarm for the submitted MonitorAlarmID.

Echo
    Test Method for connectivity test and benchmarking. Does not require Authentication. Returns the submitted string.

GetAlarm
    Returns Alarm detail for the submitted MonitorAlarmID.

GetAlarmList
    Returns an array of new alarms added since last request by default. Returns all alarms when ReturnAllRecords is set to true.

GetLogEntry
    Returns Transaction Log detail for the submitted TransactionID.

GetMachine
    Returns machine detail for the submitted Machine_GroupID.

GetMachineCollectionList
    Returns an array of all machine Collections.

GetMachineGroupList
    Returns an array of all MachineGroups the authenticated account has privileges to see.

GetMachineList
    Returns an array of all machines the authenticated account has privileges to see.

GetTicket
    Returns Ticket detail for the submitted MonitorTicketID.

GetTicketList
    Returns an array of new Tickets added since last request by default. Returns all Tickets when ReturnAllRecords is set to true.

PrimitiveAuthenticate
    Primitive Datatype version of Authenticate using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveCloseAlarm
    Primitive Datatype version of CloseAlarm using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetAlarm
    Primitive Datatype version of GetAlarm using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetAlarmList
    Primitive Datatype version of GetAlarmList using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetLogEntry
    Primitive Datatype version of GetLogEntry using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetMachine
    Primitive Datatype version of GetMachine using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetMachineCollectionList
    Primitive Datatype version of GetMachineCollectionList using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetMachineGroupList
    Primitive Datatype version of GetMachineGroupList using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetMachineList
    Primitive Datatype version of GetMachineList using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetTicket
    Primitive Datatype version of GetTicket using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveGetTicketList
    Primitive Datatype version of GetTicketList using the same xml contract in string form.

PrimitiveUpdateTicket
    Primitive Datatype version of UpdateTicket using the same xml contract in string form.

UpdateTicket
    Closes Ticket for the submitted MonitorTicketID.

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • Thank you, thank you for posting the methods!!!

I guess those are a good start. I can see some good uses for some of these methods already. I was really hoping for more, expecially a CreateAgent() method that would make it easier for us to programmatically create custom install agents for each of our customers.

A boy can dream...

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Has anyone actually done the integration?

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines@axcelltech.com