Kaseya Community

VNC and KVNC Desktop Resizing

• It seems like desktop resizing for kvnc and vnc work for a little while then it went back to the old up/down side/side action. I have been through the settings and I have no idea what changed or broke. Has anyone else had this problem or am I going nuts?

Mac

Legacy Forum Name: VNC and KVNC Desktop Resizing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mac
  • I didn't see the re-sizing first hand, but I did see it in a video with someone using Kaseya. I would really like to see this feature implemented.

I also went through the settings trying to get this to work but no luck.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • GDRBrian
    I didn't see the re-sizing first hand, but I did see it in a video with someone using Kaseya. I would really like to see this feature implemented.

I also went through the settings trying to get this to work but no luck.

It just started work out of the blue about 2 weeks ago and then within a week it was gone. I thought it had something to do with the agent version but everyone is up to date and the K server is fully patched. The only thing I can think of is that a hotfix broke it. Can a Kaseya engineer give some imput please? /sarcasm

• I think you need to use the K-VNC viewer. If the old WinVNC viewer daemon is loaded, it will not work. I had the old viewer loaded (resizing did not work), closed the old viewer daemon, then connected to a machine that uses K-VNC and it worked again.

Legacy Posted By Username: rkniffin
  • How can you tell the difference? I uninstalled VNC through Kaseya and then pre-installed K-NVC. Connected with KVNC and it looks just like VNC.

Thanks.

• rkniffin
    I think you need to use the K-VNC viewer. If the old WinVNC viewer daemon is loaded, it will not work. I had the old viewer loaded (resizing did not work), closed the old viewer daemon, then connected to a machine that uses K-VNC and it worked again.

Good call rkniffin! I unloaded the daemon and retried the remote control. It resized for both KVNC as well as winVNC. Worked like a charm but im not sure why an older version of the daemon loaded in the first place. I'm still going to keep an eye on this Stick out tongue

• I deleted the activeX control in IE and then connected to a server using KVNC. After I re-installed, I was able to get the resize and other options in both KVNC and VNC.

Thanks for the input everyone.

• it is based upon the settings of the machine you are going to remote. If you remote a client with kvnc selected, then vnc enterprise actives will be used on your machine and for any further sessions until you reboot or unload the actives control.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca