Kaseya Community

Patching problems with new Office 2007 help file updates

• Just wondering.... is anyone else having problems deploying patches via Kaseya for the the newly released KBs for office 2007 help files?

Many of them seem to be failing on a bunch of computers for us. I have not yet had time to try to manually run the EXE files to see what is going on.

Some examples include:
    Updates for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Help (KB957242)
    Updates for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Help (KB957246)
    Updates for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 Help (KB957247)
    Updates for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Help (KB957249)
    Updates for Microsoft Office Word 2007 Help (KB957252)
    Updates for Microsoft Script Editor Help (KB957253)

I thought I would check with others before spending a lot of time on trouboeshooting.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Patching problems with new Office 2007 help file updates,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I've deployed these on our systems and haven't had any issues. SQL patches and service packs, now that's another story!

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: benny@geeksaknockin.com
  • benny@geeksaknockin.com
    I've deployed these on our systems and haven't had any issues. SQL patches and service packs, now that's another story!

Yes, SQL patch and SPs are very painful!

Legacy Posted By Username: simonm
  • FYI... I worked with yovani in Kaseya Support. He made a change to the patch file (to use EXE instead of CAB). The patches now seem to be installing for us successfully across many machine groups (previously failing).

Lloyd

• We've had similar problems in the past, could you please let us know how to make the change to the patch files that Yovani suggested please?

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Unforumately, I wasn't provided with any details. But, I didn't have to make any changes to my kserver. I believe he changed something related to the patch location that would automatically deploy to everyone's kserver.

You may want to just try to redeploy the failed patches to a machine or two, to see if they work for you now.

Lloyd