Kaseya Community

Agent Brought Web Server To Its Knees

• I installed Kaseya agents on a site recently where they already had in excess of 150 agents running relatively successfully. I installed the agents on five new servers that were involved in the running of a new web application. As soon as the agent was installed the web site stopped working. It was difficult to decipher what the issue was as no events had been generated in the Windows logs of any of the servers. Uninstalling the agent and rebooting the servers brought everything back on line.

All servers are Windows 2003 R2 on HP DL360 G5 server hardware. The only anomaly that I could fathom was ISA. The clients were too nervous to allow me do further investigation. Has anyone had this or a vaguely similar issue before? We are now in danger of losing this client.

Legacy Forum Name: Agent Brought Web Server To Its Knees,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jor@qualcom.ie
  • What version of K?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • 2008 - 5.0.0.0

I have not installed Service Pack 1 yet. I don't believe that would fix this issue (and until tomorrow's meeting, I don't know if I will ever find out).

Legacy Posted By Username: jor@qualcom.ie
  • I do remember a problem with the earlier 5.0 agents where a certain process would go to 99% and stay there until you kill the kaseya service. I know we got rid of it by upgrading to the latest 5.0 agent.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj