Kaseya Community

Checking to see if an App is not installed

• Is there a way to check all of the PC's on a Network to see if a certain Application is not listed in Add and Remove Programs (not installed). The Network is 300 + machine in several office spead all over the state.

Thanks for the help

Legacy Forum Name: Checking to see if an App is not installed,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rnoah
  • You could do it with a script. The IF condition will look for a test file (or registry key like the uninstall key). If it is there (or not there) you can create an alert or email to notify you of the results.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • rnoah
    Is there a way to check all of the PC's on a Network to see if a certain Application is not listed in Add and Remove Programs (not installed). The Network is 300 + machine in several office spead all over the state.

Is there a unique *.EXE file asociated with the specific application? If so, you could create a custom View. You can choose "Missing" application, and then specificy the name of the *.EXE file.

We do this for Symantec Antivirus, and chose Missing for rtvscan.exe - a quick way for me to see a list of computers that are missing Symantec Antivirus.

Hope this helps.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • 3 more ways....
    1) If you go to Microsoft Script Repository there are a number of vbscripts that let you list the Add/Remove programs.

2) But more easily is to simply run the Software Inventory Report for Add/Remove Programs. You'll see who has that application installed, possibly for different versions. And those that aren't listed, do not have it.

3) You should be able to do this in a filter. If you want to have a more dynamic list of machines that you have certain things to work on.

The question is more about what you want to do with the information once you have it. (running a script, create a report, investigate further)

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • I am a Consultant and one of my clients is running two different Anti-Virus solutions one is Symantec and the other is Kaseya's EPS. He needs a report on which machine do not have either solution installed. Not what each machine has, that report we can get.

again thanks for the help, with your help I am closer.

Legacy Posted By Username: rnoah
  • Create one script that checks for rtvscan.exe (as part of SAV or SEP) and use that script to call another script that checks for one of the KES/AVG executables and use that script to send yourself an email if neither are detected.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx