Kaseya Community

Best practice for updating multiple agents.

• Hey everyone,

Is there a best practice for updating multiple agents to 5.1.0.0? Currently we have 5.0.0.0 installed on all of our agents and we just need to roll out the new version.

Cheers!

Legacy Forum Name: Best practice for updating multiple agents.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • When we did it last month, I just went to Agent->Update Agent, selected a group of Agents, and clicked the Update Agent button.

There did not seem to be a stagger option, so all the updating of all selected Agents happened at the same time. So we typically selected one Machien Group at a time, and updated all of the Agents for that oen Machine Group. If there were more than 30 or so Agents in that oen Machine Group, we made two passes.

At the top of that window, we also specified the script for our custom branding (new feature for SP1, I think), so our custom branding go re-applied after the Agent update.

Hope this helps.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I just ran an Update Agent on one of our smalled machine groups and it automatically staggers them by 1 minute per agent!

Thanks Lloyd.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Hi

I tested the new version on my office systems.. Then I rolled it out to all of the systems. They all updated with no problems.

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc