Kaseya Community

processOverrides.asp failed while processing the patch overrides

• Hello to all.

I applied SP1 to my kserver. Seemed to go okay. Seemed to fix some outstanding problems/issues that we were having.

But, I noticed the following two errors in my Kaserya System log immediately afterwards:

*Error* 7:02:48 pm 9-Sep-08 processOverrides.asp failed while processing the patch overrides ([Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'patchLocationOverride'.)

*System* 7:02:48 pm 9-Sep-08 Patch overrides refresh failed.

I searched the Knowledgebase, but did nto see a match.

Any ideas?

lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: processOverrides.asp failed while processing the patch overrides,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Searching the Knowledgebase, I found Article # 277090 from 01/24/2008. It was not an exact match, but I followed it anyway.

I clicked Get Latest Hotfix, and there was no change. I am still at Level 1582.

Then I clicked Re-apply Schema, and waited for it to complete.

Afterwards, I now see a different set of errors in the Kaseya System Log, logged for many different machines. Here are a few examples:

*Error* 9:07:19 pm 9-Sep-08 processing ptchscn2.xml for mhpc-01.mbvc.home failed in processPatchScanResults. ([Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.locWuaTab' with unique index 'locWuaTab_uidx'.)

*Error* 9:06:51 pm 9-Sep-08 processing ptchscn2.xml for spc056.shadysidepres failed in processPatchScanResults. ([Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.locWuaTab' with unique index 'locWuaTab_uidx'.)

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
  • Anything from here help? http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/114/t/4022.aspx

I am running a test upgrade to SP1 (From v4.8) on a cloned box and got the same error (edit: from your first post). I'll let you know if I figure anything out... sounds like it could be related to having remnants of KES on the system (which we don't use).

Legacy Posted By Username: fisofo
  • I have these exact same error messages in my log. I just opened a ticket with Kaseya support, if I hear anything I will let you know. Please do the same.

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • An update.... my problem is now corrected.

Per an email message from Ypovanni in Kaseya Support:

=======================

There was a database change that I did to correct the issue. We have had a couple of other customers experience the same issue and that change corrected them.

Thank you for contacting Kaseya Support

-Yovani

=======================

Here is another thread with the same info

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/29/t/6869.aspx

Lloyd

• lwolf
    An update.... my problem is now corrected.

Per an email message from Ypovanni in Kaseya Support:

=======================

There was a database change that I did to correct the issue. We have had a couple of other customers experience the same issue and that change corrected them.

Thank you for contacting Kaseya Support

-Yovani

=======================

Here is another thread with the same info

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/29/t/6869.aspx

Lloyd

I'm glad you got it working, but it's fairly irritating to not find out what they did... do you think you could ask Yovani for more info? I personally have no problem making my database changes if it's something small...

• Okay, quick update, this suggestion by DKData in the other topic fixed one of my errors:

"Assuming you don't have KES, there will be a row in the tempData table with the tempName='EPS Version'. Remove this row from the database and the alarm summary error will go away."

• Please note, you should not undertake changes to your Kaseya system, this could lead to complications with support in future. Kaseya support will not always make the fixes known, as the changes must be undertaken by Kaseya, and may not be relevant to all other users. If a fix is to be made public it will be found on the Kaseya Knowledgebase, and only this information should be shared.
    If you have a problem with your system the correct course of action is to raise a ticket first, by either going to the System Tab->Request Support function in your Kaseya system, or going to the www.kaseya.com/support page and raising a request there.

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • FYI- I was contacted by support who stated that a patch addressing this condition was released on Friday 9/12.

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M