Kaseya Community

Windows Server 2008

• Unless I missed something, there's been NO mention about agents working on WIndoes Server 2008.

Does anyone know if this compatibility has been added?

Gavin

Legacy Forum Name: Windows Server 2008,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • 4.8 works on Server 2008. Its just not supported.

God Bless,
    Marty

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Missing Link
  • Does remote control with VNC work for you?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • We're about to move to a new domain with a windows server 2008 primary domain controller, it would be really good to hear from Kaseya to see if this is fully supported or not!

Legacy Posted By Username: karl
  • Server 2008 is not currently supported for installation of the K server. It will be supported in a future release. For the agent, it will install and run on Server 2008. However, we have not fully tested it and currently do not support the agent on Server 2008.

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • kaseya
    Server 2008 is not currently supported for installation of the K server. It will be supported in a future release. For the agent, it will install and run on Server 2008. However, we have not fully tested it and currently do not support the agent on Server 2008.

I hope you hurry.

SKU's for OEM servers were released a few weeks ago, our first 2008 server went in yesterday.

Legacy Posted By Username: Eelkov@aanet.com.au
  • Just a quick update on that..... By the end of next week we will have 4 servers with 2008.

• Eelkov@aanet.com.au
    I hope you hurry.

SKU's for OEM servers were released a few weeks ago, our first 2008 server went in yesterday.

I was thinking the same thing..

Sever 2008 has been in RC since the middle of last year and stacks of betas previous to that.. Even submitted a couple of bugs myself..

We would have thought some effort would have been put into early compatibility testing, considering the core reason Kaseya lives iin the most part is M$ infrastructure Confused

SQL 2008 is in Final Beta maybe Kaseya should jump on that Beta program and get it right from the on set.. Now there would be a first from a vendor.. Smile

And what about M$ big push on Virtualisation now with HyperV.. I hope somebody has their finger on the pulse over there...

BTW Men keep up the good work..

Legacy Posted By Username: NERDPWR
  • So you guys trust MS more than you trust Kaseya, yikes!? We are still in the developmental stages of rolling 2008 to our customers. A lot has changed with 2008. Remote apps, software awareness, enhanced terminal services. We are running 2008 inhouse but it is not ready for our customers yet. MS is already talking about an SP! Have fun with those deployments gents. 2003 is a workhorse for us and we are just happy with what is working. We do not know 2008 nearly as well as we know 2003 server. We have agents on our in house 2008 servers and everything seems fine with remote control which is all we are interested in for right now. 2008 has a ton of perfmon and general monitoring tools that 2003 doesn't have so we have been relying on those tools to keep us aware of what is going on with the servers.

Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • VNET
    So you guys trust MS more than you trust Kaseya, yikes!? We are still in the developmental stages of rolling 2008 to our customers. A lot has changed with 2008. Remote apps, software awareness, enhanced terminal services. We are running 2008 inhouse but it is not ready for our customers yet. MS is already talking about an SP! Have fun with those deployments gents. 2003 is a workhorse for us and we are just happy with what is working. We do not know 2008 nearly as well as we know 2003 server. We have agents on our in house 2008 servers and everything seems fine with remote control which is all we are interested in for right now. 2008 has a ton of perfmon and general monitoring tools that 2003 doesn't have so we have been relying on those tools to keep us aware of what is going on with the servers.

I agree, with the flop that is Vista, I am in NO HURRY to start deploying 2008. I'm sure it wont really be ready until SP1 anyway.

Legacy Posted By Username: itss
  • Actually, it's already at SP1. There is no RTM version of WS2008.

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Either the latest version in Kaseya 4.8 or whatever version is bundled in Kaseya 2008 (haven't upgraded yet). Are either Acronis backup agents compatible with Windows Server 2008?

Legacy Posted By Username: jheyesen
  • We now have 5 2008 servers in place... The kaseya agents (using 5.0) appear to be working ok as far as remote control goes, I am not trusting kaseya to do any patching/scripting at the moment, but thats fine.

Someone mentioned before that 2003 is their workhorse... as it is ours, but it is hard to pass up the new terminal services features (publishing apps etc) and in one case the customer specifically specified 2008.

For anyone about to deploy 2008 as a terminal server, watch out for clients using mstcs version 5 or earlier, you will have trouble...

• We have an Windows Server 2008 rig running in-house and we can do most of the day-to-day stuff on it via Kaseya. We just can't patch it, and it shows up as a "workstation" in the filters. (A bit annoying, that. Support confirmed that this is the case in our 4.8 as well as the 5.0 release.)

We're not in any more of a hurry to roll out Server 2008 than we are to roll out Exchange 2007 to our clients, mind you.

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • Does anyone have Acronis (via Kaseya) running/working on Windows Server 2008?

Legacy Posted By Username: jheyesen