Kaseya Community

Kaseya 2008 breaks Connectwise/Kaseya Integration

• All,

I just received this email from ConnectWise. I did get permission to repost.

-----Original Message-----
    To: "Adam Steinhoff"
    Sent: 3/13/08 1:21 PM
    Subject: Kaseya Integration with ConnectWise

Dear Adam,
    We are writing to bring you up to date on our efforts to enhance the integration between ConnectWise and Kaseya. As part of their new release, Kaseya is making significant changes to their data structure. Those changes will break the existing ConnectWise integration.
    PLEASE DO NOT LOAD THE LATEST KASEYA UPGRADE UNTIL WE HAVE NOTIFIED YOU THAT THE CONNECTWISE INTEGRATION HAS BEEN UPDATED.
    We are working with Kaseya to create solid integration between the two products. We are using Kaseya’s APIs for some of that work. However, the APIs do not enable us to match the functionality of the existing integration. We do believe we can bridge the gap using database views that Kaseya is providing. However, all of this requires a significant amount of work and testing. It will be several weeks before we provide you with the updated integration.
    We also want to update you on an issue with the existing Kaseya integration. We do not currently report the Operating Systems found by Kaseya correctly. We are fixing the issue and plan to have an update to you early next week. This will only work with the current version of Kaseya, not the new version.
    We appreciate your understanding and will let you know when we update our Kaseya integration.

Thanks.

Santo Cannone
    Chief Operating Officer

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya 2008 breaks Connectwise/Kaseya Integration,
    Legacy Posted By Username: adamsteinhoff
  • Yup. We got this one too.
    However, Santo has told me the nightly sync with the CW/Kaseya servers to update the Configurations still works. This is good for those of us that have Agreements which automatically update the PC/Server counts for billing purposes.

The Executive Summary report is fubar tho. We'll be re-doing these from Kaseya until CW can get their side working again.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Erik
  • We are fully integrated with Kaseya and CW and all is well. No issues at all.

Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • VNET
    We are fully integrated with Kaseya and CW and all is well. No issues at all.

Luckiest. Person. Alive.

Legacy Posted By Username: Erik
  • Quoting Adam Sandler: "THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN HANDY TO KNOW YESTERDAY !!".. Big Smile

Oh well thats life, all this expense and something is always broken or only partially feature complete..

I think I need the services of an MSP... Eek

Legacy Posted By Username: NERDPWR
  • should I play the lottery?

• Hi

Vnet has not looked far... try clicking the "manage" tab on a managed configuration on CW and watch the error... That function does not work anymore due to way that Kaseya tracks machine ids internally. They dont use the machine ID anymore, they changed to using a guid and the machine ID is not just a display only field. CW uses the machine ID to "manage" workstations which i sno longer valid on K, therefore it fails with a machine id not found type of error.

But, I upgraded as the new Kaseya features were more important than the integration.

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • howardc
    Hi

Vnet has not looked far... try clicking the "manage" tab on a managed configuration on CW and watch the error... That function does not work anymore due to way that Kaseya tracks machine ids internally. They dont use the machine ID anymore, they changed to using a guid and the machine ID is not just a display only field. CW uses the machine ID to "manage" workstations which i sno longer valid on K, therefore it fails with a machine id not found type of error.

But, I upgraded as the new Kaseya features were more important than the integration.

hc

Howard,

Can you confirm that these items work/don't work?

* Opening a ticket via CW when double-clicking on the "K" system tray icon
    * Email connector parsing so that a ticket is automatically attached to the proper configuration

Thanks!

Adam

• adamsteinhoff
    Howard,

Can you confirm that these items work/don't work?

* Opening a ticket via CW when double-clicking on the "K" system tray icon
    * Email connector parsing so that a ticket is automatically attached to the proper configuration

Thanks!

Adam

Open tickets, works just fine, as that is not a function Kaseya.

As for emails, what email are you parsing.

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • howardc
    Open tickets, works just fine, as that is not a function Kaseya.

As for emails, what email are you parsing.

hc

When an alert generates an email, we send it with a subject line of " / ".

CW is able to connect the machinename to the proper client as long as the machinegroup is set in CW. I'm concerned that the shift from names to GUIDs will have broken this.

Adam

• I am telling you ours did not break and has been parsing emails just fine. They are attaching company ID's in ConnectWise to match what kaseya is giving us. Tickets are going to their separate boards. We did not have any issues and we are still not having any issues with the integration.

• VNET
    I am telling you ours did not break and has been parsing emails just fine. They are attaching company ID's in ConnectWise to match what kaseya is giving us. Tickets are going to their separate boards. We did not have any issues and we are still not having any issues with the integration.

Are you using the Connectwise executive reports?

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Kaseya and Connectwise reporting look very similar. I don't think I have personally used Executive Reporting in a live environment.

• VNET
    Kaseya and Connectwise reporting look very similar. I don't think I have personally used Executive Reporting in a live environment.

This is the part that is broken. For many of us this is very near and dear to our business.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • far182
    This is the part that is broken. For many of us this is very near and dear to our business.

Very much so.. Those pretty colours and numbers seem to impress the people paying the bills.. Even if they dont really say a great deal.. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: NERDPWR