Kaseya Community

Hot to Create a SubGroup (Agen.Group.SubGroup)

• I would like to add a few groups to a subgroup called "paid"

For example, Agent.Company.Paid. This way I can work with only clients that are currently paying (I have alot of agents that I use just to gather information about systems.)

Is there anyway to add exisiting groups to a paid subgroup? The only way I can figure out involved making all new groups...

Legacy Forum Name: Hot to Create a SubGroup (Agen.Group.SubGroup),
    Legacy Posted By Username: Resistance2Fly
  • You do have to create a new machine group for this to work. When you're creating the group, select the parent company in the Create as a subgroup of dropdown. Then you can view Company, and it will show all agents, or you can view Company.Paid and it will show you just the agents you've moved to the Paid subgroup.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • You could just use Machine Groups for this purpose, then create a view that only shows members of the "Paid" Machine Group.

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • Just an alternative POV:

I would create a collection to do this and then create a view based on the collection. That would allow me to work with "paid" across multiple customers (groups) at once if I so desired.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • How do you create collections? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.. I was thinking maybe this feature was taken away in the latest version of Kaseya?

Daniel

Legacy Posted By Username: djmundy
  • Hey, Where did that go.........

It looks as though it has now become Patch Policy.

Hey Kaseya, where did collections go?

• That's what I thought may have happened... but it seems to me that Patch Policies and Machine Collections would server two entirely different purposes. I was going to use Machine Collections to organise my SLAs. Patch Policies seems like the wrong approach to organise agents into groups for SLA differentiation.

• djmundy
    How do you create collections? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.. I was thinking maybe this feature was taken away in the latest version of Kaseya?

Daniel

Hmmm...not sure. We're still on 4.8. If that's the case, that was a very STUPID move by Kaseya. We use collections for way more than just managing Patch Policies. They are very handy for creating views of all kinds of things, as I alluded to earlier.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Temporarily, I've used machine sub-groups to manage SLAs, but I think collections would be a lot more powerful as I could have one agent in more than one "collection" - this is my understanding anyway.

• Correct, not sure why it's gone.