Kaseya Community

External Connections to VSA Very Slow

• We're experiencing a very odd problem here that I'm having trouble tracking down. External connections to our VSA are very slow (under 2KB/s). The connection tests out fine. If I point port 80 on the firewall to a different web server on our LAN, we get normal speeds. As soon as we point port 80 to the VSA, we get download speeds of 2KB/s. Internally, the speed to the VSA is great (normal LAN speeds). The VSA has a single NIC (which I have swapped out), so I don't think it's the VSA. We've reset the only switch this uses for routing.

Is there anything on the VSA, some setting in IIS... Anywhere... That could possibly be causing slow speeds for external clients?

Update - August 7, 12:56pm - Creating a new site under IIS on the VSA yields the same download rates. Likely not a problem with the specific site within IIS.

Legacy Forum Name: External Connections to VSA Very Slow,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • How long has it been like this, Alex? What are you using at the perimeter of your network to allow traffic into your VSA server? Also, are you redirecting to the VSA's internal IP address, NetBIOS name or DNS name?

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • It has been like this since about Monday (I figured it was just a transient ISP issue then and only started tracking it yesterday). Perimeter device is a pfSense firewall with triple NICs (2 WAN and 1 LAN). pfSense is redirecting the traffic via IP address.

• OK, finally figured it out. I'm not sure why this started happening, but if I disable SNMP on the pfSense box, the speed of port 80 is restored. The oddest part is how specific the issue is... It only affected port 80 on the primary IP of our primary connection. Secondary IPs on the same connection worked fine. Other ports than 80 worked fine. The secondary connection worked fine. I'd obviously like to keep SNMP enabled, so I'll be submitted a bug to the pfSense dev team. But for now, at least the issue is solved. Thanks for responding Michael.

• I just got back to my computer to check and see you've caught it - great catch, Alex! And thanks for submitting the bug. I'm a big pfSense and m0n0wall fan so I appreciate work to improve the products.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael