Kaseya Community

Next-checking changes on templates

• I think there may be a design problem with templates, particularly in regards to check-in control.

If I change check-in information on a template, the values turn red in the display. The message above says "Red values take effect at next Agent check-in."

That's going to be a little difficult with templates: they never check in, by design. As a result, you can change check-in info on templates and rebuild deployment packages until you turn blue, and it's never going to work.

Hmmm... this should probably go in a bug report forum, if there was one.

/kenw

Legacy Forum Name: Next-checking changes on templates,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein
  • If you believe you are having an issue they should be entered through request support within the product or as a support request from the web site.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • Ken Wallewein
    I think there may be a design problem with templates, particularly in regards to check-in control.

If I change check-in information on a template, the values turn red in the display. The message above says "Red values take effect at next Agent check-in."

That's going to be a little difficult with templates: they never check in, by design. As a result, you can change check-in info on templates and rebuild deployment packages until you turn blue, and it's never going to work.

Hmmm... this should probably go in a bug report forum, if there was one.

/kenw

I am a little new to Kaseya can you please elaborate on what the issue is here?

Legacy Posted By Username: itss
  • itss
    I am a little new to Kaseya can you please elaborate on what the issue is here?

I'm new myself. And I don't think this is the kind of thing I need support for -- it is what it is. If I'm right, it's a design flaw, and I'm trying to report it as such. If not, I'd like to be corrected. But I don't need anybody to troubleshoot it. The reply by the Kaseya rep was not useful.

Got to Agent -> Check In Control. If you have templates there, they are just that -- templates. No agent will ever check in to them. Having the display say the values will take effect next check-in is confusing at best, and may actually be a problem.

As I say, I'm new. But I'd like to know.

/kenw

Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein
  • I've found that Kaseya support has been pretty good about things that may not be considered as support.

I believe if you pass through an email to them (Support@Kaseya.com) they will either get back to you themselves with a possible work around or pass them onto the appropriate people (I.E. The developers if it is indeed a design flaw)

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx