Kaseya Community

Master Maintenance Script

• I am posting this to the General Discussion group because it touches on many different parts of Kaseya.

I was going to tackle coming up with this myself but I thought I would see if anyone has already done it.

I would like to setup a script that boots up a machine using WOL (or boots all the machines in a list by MAC address, we could just maintain this list), then runs all of the maintenance tasks and then ends with a shutdown. The types of tasks I would like to do are:
    backup (Kaseya BUDR)
    defrag
    ccleaner
    patching
    AV Scan
    etc.

Has anyone setup this sort of system already? We are using the BUDR and KES so it would be great if we could call these functions from the script. I have seen various posts that talk about some of these things but I was hoping someone had already put it all together.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide,
    Sid
    ViaTek

Legacy Forum Name: Master Maintenance Script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: spayne
  • The script is very easy. Most of the functions you require are located in the Samples folder.

CCleaner can be uploaded, installed, and run via script with Ccleaner /auto.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: theodis
  • Sorry, but I don't see any sample scripts that kick off a BUDR backup or patching. Am I missing something?

• spayne
    Sorry, but I don't see any sample scripts that kick off a BUDR backup or patching. Am I missing something?

You will have to schedule BUDR and patching to run in your maintenance window.

Something like this:
    WOL script runs at 10pm
    BUDR is scheduled to run at 10:15pm
    Patch Management is scheduled to run at 10:30pm
    CCleaner, 11pm
    defrag 11:15pm
    shutdown script 12:00am

BUDR is scheduled in the Backup Tab, Patching in the Patch Mgmt. Tab, no scripts are needed to start these.

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • Thank you for your suggestion, but I was hoping there was a way to call the other functions in Kaseya from a script as opposed to having to schedule everything independently. Since Kaseya does not support running things by the day of the week, scheduling everything this way can get very complicated. By being able to run everything from a master script I would not have to manage all those schedules, just one.

It sounds like this can't be done.

• You don't have to schedule everything like that. You can create one script that calls other scripts, and then just schedule that script to start at a given time. You will still need to schedule the Backup and Patching seperately. This is how my "maintenance" scripts works...

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • You can have a maintenance script that calls all your other maintenance scripts. Then call the master script from you post BUDR schedule.

So this way you only schedule your BUDR and then the post script calls your master maintenance script.

As for Patches we tend to schedule those once a week only

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Shehan