Kaseya Community

Patch Management "UNSCANNED"

• When I add new machines they show unscanned and though I have successfully ran initial update and scan machine several times it still shows as unscanned. The scan shows successful each time. I have tried reinstalling the agent and forcing update. Rebooted the client and the server.
    Nothing seems to help. I was amazed to find that when I search the forums as with most things there is no results. There is not even a main category for Patch Management though it seems to be the main trouble area for many users.

I would appreciate any help on this as the number of "unscanned" machines is growing and clients becoming weary.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management "UNSCANNED",
    Legacy Posted By Username: ywtt
  • We see this behavior as well. I was excited to tell you that I had a way to get these to appear properly as I "fixed" it before. However, I just looked again and noticed that the ones that I had gotten to work are now showing again as "Unscanned".

I would suggest a support ticket to Kaseya. May take a while, but eventually, an answer will arrive. (please report back here when you find answer....I will as well).

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rhayes@expertnetsolutions.com
  • It seems that if you "delete" the Agent from the "Agent" tab under "Install Agents", and, in my case, selected "Delete account now without uninstalling the agent"....fixed the issue.
    The agent will disappear from the system and then when it checks in again, it will recreate the account.
    Once the patch scan runs - it is now working normally.

Legacy Posted By Username: rhayes@expertnetsolutions.com
  • Thanks! We are possibly going to try this as well. We are on week 2 of waiting for a Kaseya support response on this very same issue with broken promises to get back to us, lack of escalation despite promises to do so, and etc.

Legacy Posted By Username: trebligb