Kaseya Community

No ticketing enhancements in K2K8?

• There had been a significant amount of chatter suggesting that the ticketing module was going to get a major overhaul in Kaseya v. 5 (now Kaseya 2008, or K2K8 as I like to call it). But I see nothing in the pre-release announcement about the ticketing module. Has Kaseya decided to stop development in this area, ceding the territory to Connect+Wise, Autotask, and the like?

Legacy Forum Name: No ticketing enhancements in K2K8?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • Whatever the version, I am with you David. I have been hearing promises from Kaseya about significant enhancements to Ticketing for well over a year now, & I understood that this release was supposed to deliver.

This is a bitterly disappointing result, despite some of the nice bells & whistles.

Cheers, Ian

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TechOnline
  • We utilise ConnectWise for Ticketing and Client Management, and it links quite well to Kaseya. I hope that if/when Kaseya enhance their ticketing that they don't "break" any links we have.

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • I'd prefer to see Kaseya keep the ticketing portion limited and focus on integrations with AutoTask and CW.

Any software that strays too far from its core compentency ends up being bloatware.

Most of us have significant time tweaking workflow and ticketing rules in our CRM's, it would be a pity to have to spend too much time maintaining two different systems.

Legacy Posted By Username: swilson
  • What has to be appreciated is that there are a wide range of Kaseya users, & not everyone has a requirement for a full-on ticketing solution.

We use third parties to deliver our on-site services, & so our ticketing needs are much simpler. That said, we do need something better than what Kaseya is currently offering.

The current Ticketing functionality in Kaseya has been stagnant for a long time (I am guessing but I would say at least 4 versions have past without anything of substance).

I believe that there are many other Kaseya users who do not need or want ConnectWise or AutoTask, but are desperately hanging out for some basic improvements to the current functionality. It was my understanding that Kaseya was making quite specific noises about a year ago that the Ticketing functionality would be improved to meet this very need.

Cheers, Ian

Legacy Posted By Username: TechOnline
  • We are developing an entirely new Service Desk that is due out this year.

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • Hello, it is possible to join the Beta-Programm for the new Service Desk?

Legacy Posted By Username: kurag
  • I hope not, David. We had a very horrible experience with one of those (legally, I can't identify it Roll Eyes).

I would like to see better ticketing abilities. At the basic level, I'd like to have a script action to generate a ticket. That would come in so handy and seems like a common-sense thing to have.

I'd also like to see multiple queues (not necessarily unlimited number of queues but 2 or 3 would be helpful).

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • We would also be interested in beta-testing a Service Desk component for Kaseya.

We're a small shop and are just now looking at ticketing and workflow. ConnectWise looks great but very $$$. Something baked in to Kaseya that provides a middle-ground solution would be very interesting to us.

--Tom

Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • swilson
    would be a pity to have to spend too much time maintaining two different systems.

It is for this reason that we would like to see the Ticketing in Kaseya expanded. We have tested the various PSA software's integration with Kaseya and found them sorely lacking.

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael