Kaseya Community

Error message in Alarm Summary after upgrade

• We get this error message after the upgrade to Kaseya 2008:

The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

* Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x-7ffbf1c9)
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'AVAlarmSet'.
    /MonitorTab/alarmSummaryData.asp, line 903

* Browser Type:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; sv-SE; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13

* Time:
    Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:06:13 PM

We have tried the upgrade four times now with the same result. Right now we're running version 5.0.0.4 and we're still experiencing this problem.

Legacy Forum Name: Error message in Alarm Summary after upgrade,
    Legacy Posted By Username: DKData
  • Open a support ticket. We were getting the same thing a while back and they remoted in to magically resolve it.

No idea what the fix was...we don't license the KES module so not sure why it should care about "AVAlarmSet"

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • Thanks, I've submitted a ticket today.
    How long does it usually take to get help from Kaseya?

• Kaseya Support solved the issue for us.

This was the solution:

"Assuming you don't have KES, there will be a row in the tempData table with the tempName='EPS Version'. Remove this row from the database and the alarm summary error will go away."

• After a recent hotfix (wed or thu of last week) we are back to recieving this message when opening alarms (see below). I opened a support ticket and looked for that row in the tempdata table. Thus far, support has been no help and teh row does not exist. Anyone else hit on this error or have another possible solution?

TIA

The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x-7ffbf1c9)
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'AVAlarmSet'.
    /MonitorTab/alarmSummaryData.asp, line 903

Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)

Time:
    Monday, April 28, 2008 11:47:24 AM

• Well, it has taken 6 days for Kaseya support to log in and verify that what I reported is actually happening and pass the issue onto the developers.....should we start taking bets on what their turnaround time will be?Mad

The workaround offered is to install then uninstall KES. Personally, I have experienced way to many issues (some major, some not) with Kaseya software as of late and there is no way I am going to install anything more than I absolutely need to........just thought someone else experiencing this issue might want to tryBig Smile

• We now have the same issue and can't get to support this morning after our upgrade. Unfortunately the 'EPS Version' does not exist in our table so I need to find a solution quickly. If anyone can help please? I have a ticket with Kaseya (1 of 6 so far today) but haven't seen or heard from them yet.

Legacy Posted By Username: jilderton
  • They finally fixed ours yesterday but this was the extent of the response

"Ken,

Thanks for the login, you are now fixed.

Thanks,"

Not exactly informative so regretably, I don't have any assistance I can offer. Hopefully it won't take 8 days for them to help you out.

• And then they broke it again.....apparently somewhere arounf hotfix 1330.

Now at 1332 and it still doesn't work. I am really hoping that it is not going to take another 8 days to fix it....this is getting ridiculous

• They fixed me today:
    "The page has been fixed and it should be working again. Let us know if you have any more problems with this."

Wow, glad it's working but will it break again?

Legacy Posted By Username: jilderton
  • Well, ours broke with an update on 4/23......it was finally repaired on 5/1 and then broke with a hot fix on 5/3. So, my guess would be......yes it will "break" again Mad

• From the response below I must assume that their hotfixes aren't checking to see if KES is installed before applying KES updates. Hopefully, as promised, it actually won't happen again.

Ken,

Your system tried to apply the KES-Security updates again. I have removed all KES update files this shouldn't happen again unless you really try to install KES-Security module.

Thanks,
    Mark