Kaseya Community

Monitor SERVICES

• I'm trying to setup a monitor set that will allow me to alert on UP status of a service. Currently, our pager goes off when a service goes down but never notifies on UP.

I tried setting up the services option in a monitor set, which restarts the service...but only notifies me it had to do so....not if it worked.

I also tried monitoring the process transition....but I get an alert everytime the UP 're-arm' period expires to let me know it's still up.....so....no good.

The transition option makes it sound like it should only notify me when on TRANSITION....but doesn't seem to be the case. Is this a bug?

Anyone? HELP!

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor SERVICES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Erik
  • On a specific agent view (when you click the agent icon) go to the Alerts tab and set the "Agent Status" options. You can specify to be notified when the agent goes online.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • Thank you but I think you misundertood.
    I'm trying to do this for an Exchange service or Web service...etc. Not the Kaseya agent service.

Legacy Posted By Username: Erik
  • There appears to be a bug in there somewhere. In 4.8 we had monitors triggering on a process Up transition without issue......they no longer fire at all.

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • The system will only alarm on a "down" condition. Based on your time within the monitor set to ignore additional alarms, it will continue to alarm if the service is down. If the system does not continue to alarm, the service is up.

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya