Intel Pentium D Processor 2.8Ghz
    SATA Hard drives

Cheers
    Karl

Legacy Forum Name: New Version seems slow?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Hubba
  • Hi,
    We experienced the same problem.
    After investigation our DB size was grown to over 10GB (30 MB/Machine)!!!!

Have a look at Kaseya KB 283810.

We truncated the NTEVENTLOG table and shrinked the DB.
    That did it for us.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: patrickvs
  • I am not a DBA.

That being said, why does microsoft set SQL DB's to NOT auto shrink by default? This would save a lot of headaches.

Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • As far as I know, shrinking is only possible if there is free space in the DB.
    By Truncating the NTeventlog Table a lot of free space is created (7,5 GB in our case)

• When we found slow downs, we moved to the distributed model - Web server and DB server seperated. Works much better now.

Legacy Posted By Username: AlexPyle
  • Doesn't truncating that table simply delete all the NT Event log messages stored on the server? That table is 50% of our database but I do like to keep history for at least 30 days.

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • Frequent/auto database shrinking carries with it a significant performance penalty (primarily on the CPU) and can have a negative effect on existing indexes. This is the reason why this option is disabled by default.

Legacy Posted By Username: ed@securemycompany.com
  • Our DBA size is now 21GB!
    Looking in to the article

Thanks for this

Cheers
    Karl

Legacy Posted By Username: Hubba
  • i noticed our database nearly double... did the suggested truncate and shrink.. now its about 50% smaller then before the upgrade!

still get massive performance spikes... having tech's look into it now

every time we click on the classic console for example... the cpu usage on sqlserv.exe goes up to 80-99% and the system slows down... after that calms down its quite quick and smooth... very odd

Legacy Posted By Username: KRiSX
  • Our DB had jumped to just over 6GB from 1.4. After the latest round of hotfixes, our DB is now 2.8GB. We did not do the truncate or the shrink.

Thx K!

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • KRiSX
    i noticed our database nearly double... did the suggested truncate and shrink.. now its about 50% smaller then before the upgrade!

still get massive performance spikes... having tech's look into it now

every time we click on the classic console for example... the cpu usage on sqlserv.exe goes up to 80-99% and the system slows down... after that calms down its quite quick and smooth... very odd

Support advised me to NOT use the classice console alarm summary (red and green dots) when you have >1000 agents because it slows down your complete kaseya server