Kaseya Community

Extremely High Memory and CPU usage in SQL after 2008 upgrade

• The hotfix is still not cleaning up the any of the existing logs (event, agent, RC, etc..). I know it was only supposed to address the event logs, but I still have event log entries from January 24th even though my event log history settings are set to 7 days…… Something is missing from the log cleanup procedure still and the hotfix did not fix it since after following the KB article 283554, my Kaseya server is still not cleaning up the existing the logs.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Chris T
  • kaseya
    Please refer to KB Article 283554

The link is:

http://www.kaseya.com/support/kaseya_kb.php

From the KB: "To address this, the system will automatically limit the number of log entries per log type per machine to 1000."

Noooooooooooooooo! We don't want a limit on log history. This is one of the most important updates for us on Kaseya 2008. I would rather buy 32gb of memory and 1tb of disk to support very long log history. We need it.

Please comment.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Also, how do we access archives? I haven't seen a tech note that shows us how. Also, can we report on data in the archives?

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • far182
    From the KB: "To address this, the system will automatically limit the number of log entries per log type per machine to 1000."

Noooooooooooooooo! We don't want a limit on log history. This is one of the most important updates for us on Kaseya 2008. I would rather buy 32gb of memory and 1tb of disk to support very long log history. We need it.

Please comment.

In context, I think that your quote means 1000 entries per second. I suppose this could be a user defineable setting. It would be better if it could be set to a default level and then overriden on a per system base.

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • I am experiencing the same thing - proc spikes, high RAM usage, slow loading. We have 3K of agents and a 30MB DB right now

Legacy Posted By Username: nachbahr