Kaseya Community

Filters

• Anyone know if it is possible to create a view that filters on more than one application being installed or missing? The whole *symantec* OR *mcafee* style isn't cutting it.

Legacy Forum Name: Filters,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shaynes
  • Under view definitions there is a section where you can filter by "Contains or Missing" Application and the version string. Appears it can only work for a single application. I don't believe you can nest views but that could be a future request.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • How about:

*symantec* OR *McAffee*

Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • Despite the mispelling I made in my first post, this filter does not work. I'm just trying to find out if it is even possible to do this. Thanks for the replies.

• They are not specific within the help file but I would expect this filter is triggering on the name of the executable and not the higher level program name.

• I think Karode is correct. It would have to be defined with what is found in the Installed Apps of a machine. There is no way I know of to use what is found in the Add/Remove list.

Legacy Posted By Username: SteveR
  • But then under Advanced Filtering, they provide the following example..

White Space

To search for white space in a string, enclose the string in double quotes.

For example: "Microsoft Office*" OR *Adobe*

That seems to indicate that you can search on the application name....not just the executable.

We currently have a filtering issue where selecting OS type for filtering tickets returns no data.....this issue may be related (though the issue we have noted is only in the Ticket screen - the filter works fine elsewhere).

• Perhaps they were just showing doing that as a quick example of how to include a whitespace. Either way, it would be nice if the help guide gave some idea where the filter looks for information.

• Never the less, I would be willing to search by any name but when I do search for mutliple appllications I get zero objects returned. When I search for each application individually I get results and I know there are multiple machines with both applications installed.

• I see now. I chose two applications out of the Add/Remove list for a machine. Did a filter for each individual app and they both worked. Tried the OR and AND operators and nothing returned. I then tried the operators in the "Advanced agent data filter" area. I tried it against machine ids and the operators worked. Do the and/or/not etc. operators only work in the advanced area?