Kaseya Community

How to hide alarm when machine is not in live alarm state

• First, I love the idea of not having to go close alarms manually. I don't want the feature back. This topic has probably been discussed recently, but with all the forum activity I can't find the posts.

If a machine has an alarm and is out of the alarm state 1 hour later, that alarm shouldn't show as a live alarm on the dashboard 2 days later.

I had a disk space monitor set that was not responding for one minute. I adjusted the monitor set to alert after 1 hour instead of one minute. That was 2 days ago. The machine and machine group still shows red in the dashboard.

So my question. Is there some way to control the dashboard so that it only shows current alarms?

Also, what is the recommended way to view past alarms or logs like application changes and machine offline/online. I guess a report could pull that data, but it seems like there should be some way better than that.

Legacy Forum Name: How to hide alarm when machine is not in live alarm state,
    Legacy Posted By Username: runnetworks
  • I still don't understand the logic of taking away the ability to close an alarm. What happens when you get a login failure alarm? At what point would it go away? 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day?

I don't see why they couldn't have just let it in there. If someone doesn't want to close alarms, fine they would have that option.

David Wertz
    PC Works Plus

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: DavidW
  • I think we agree. I want performance monitor alarms to close when the system isn't in alarm state and other alarms to close after a set time. The problem is that if I don't get to my alarms for a few days there is too many to look at and I end up closing them all without even looking them.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: runnetworks