Kaseya Community

Degress?

• The dashboard...

So we removed useful features, and made it a cheesy interface that requires a popup???? Silly of me to think that keeping it in the main window would be more efficient. Let's not forget the poor programming that requires you to highlight all your customers in the window and "shake" the mouse around so you can scroll to see them all.

Oh and the "lights and alerts" no longer have the open or closed feature. Instead of just a quick glance at the screen to see if they had a meltdown in the last 2 hours, it gives you a choice of 5, 10, 30, and 60 mins. What if I had a huge security breach at a company when I was gone for my 1 hour and 1 min lunch break? I would never know, because the lights would be back green. By the time the customer calls me asking me why I didn't catch the hacker 5hrs ago, and why is his server blank with no data? Why is he paying me all this money and why shouldn't he sue me? Thank god paid the extra $ to have BUDR to recover.

Legacy Forum Name: Degress?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Rick@BBM
  • I agree ... from what I saw in the webinar today it seems like they removed some key functionality for the monitoring side. We were actually hoping to see a third status of "acknowledged" instead of just opened and closed ... and now we have none.

But at least you can see the monitor page with 2008. Upgrade went fine but a few of the pages (including monitoring) won't load.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: csousa@radicalsupport.com
  • csousa@radicalsupport.com
    I agree ... from what I saw in the webinar today it seems like they removed some key functionality for the monitoring side. We were actually hoping to see a third status of "acknowledged" instead of just opened and closed ... and now we have none.

But at least you can see the monitor page with 2008. Upgrade went fine but a few of the pages (including monitoring) won't load.

I spent over 10 hours to "see" the monitor page. At least 4 of which on the phone with kaseya, 2 waiting for their programing department to figure it out. Not to mention 5 server re-images, 6 upgrade attempts in 6 different manners, and 30 seconds to realize that I want to uninstall my life for wasting 10 hours on it.

• Rick@BBM
    I spent over 10 hours to "see" the monitor page. At least 4 of which on the phone with kaseya, 2 waiting for their programing department to figure it out. Not to mention 5 server re-images, 6 upgrade attempts in 6 different manners, and 30 seconds to realize that I want to uninstall my life for wasting 10 hours on it.

Look at the bright side, you helped us (and others no doubt) make the right decision by waiting to upgrade. Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • haha

Everything else seems to work. No page errors like other people.

• Rick@BBM
    The dashboard...

So we removed useful features, and made it a cheesy interface that requires a popup???? Silly of me to think that keeping it in the main window would be more efficient. Let's not forget the poor programming that requires you to highlight all your customers in the window and "shake" the mouse around so you can scroll to see them all.

I must agree with cheesy pop up interface, useless and POP UP, WTF. I thought that days of pop up are gone, but no, i am obviously wrong.

Rudi

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • What did they do to fix the monito page?

Legacy Posted By Username: noliver
  • Also having problem with the Monitor tab, how do you delete alarms now?

Legacy Posted By Username: justabill
  • To fix the monitor page simply delete the c:\Kaseya\WebPages\App_Code\global.asax.cs file.

Has anybody worked with the Alarm Rotator dashlet yet? Ours has a bunch of empty space between each alarm and it's a complete waste of space, and won't even fit on one monitor. Is there anyway to change the sapcing, or configure to use wordrap / the ability to shrink to whatever size the dashlet is?

Legacy Posted By Username: csousa@radicalsupport.com
  • I'm going to take a good picture for you guys soon. We made a new Kaseya 2008 employee workstation complete with four 19" widescreen monitors, one 17", and one 19". We have another bank of CRT's waiting on standby just in case we need more desktop space to efficiently work.

You can not delete alarms, and if you goto lunch for 1.5hrs, you miss alarms. Don't sleep either, because everything that happens overnight you'll never know about in the AM without alot of time wasting digging.

• Rick@BBM
    I'm going to take a good picture for you guys soon. We made a new Kaseya 2008 employee workstation complete with four 19" widescreen monitors, one 17", and one 19". We have another bank of CRT's waiting on standby just in case we need more desktop space to efficiently work.

You can not delete alarms, and if you goto lunch for 1.5hrs, you miss alarms. Don't sleep either, because everything that happens overnight you'll never know about in the AM without alot of time wasting digging.

I haven't seen this yet, but this reminds me how my old MSP platform worked. I think I would welcome this change (of course I have to see it first).

So are you saying it won't show alarms unless the alarm is happening? For example, server down. If the server comes back online the alarm goes away?

If my assumption is correct - couldn't you use email for alerts that you want to have history on and use the alert panel for live/right now issues?

Thoughts?

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • far182
    couldn't you use email for alerts that you want to have history on and use the alert panel for live/right now issues?

Thoughts?

Yes, adding more work, email, and things to do if our days were not busy enough.

The only reason I'm still running 5.0 is because I'm editing it to my taste out of spite. Going back live to 4.8 is a 5 minute button click away.

• We have alerts emailed to ConectWIse as tickets - so it's actually a GOOD t hing for us... but I can see where this might start causing problems for others.

Regarding the new dashboards - I LOVE the idea of being able to open a dashboard or a FEW and spreading them out over multiple monitors.

Gavin

Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • Rick@BBM
    Yes, adding more work, email, and things to do if our days were not busy enough.

The only reason I'm still running 5.0 is because I'm editing it to my taste out of spite. Going back live to 4.8 is a 5 minute button click away.

I thought when K2008 is installed it forces update on all the agents. Are the new agents compatible with 4.8?

Legacy Posted By Username: far182