Kaseya Community

View Question

• Hey all!

I've used Kaseya for quite a while now, but this is the first question I've come across that has stumped everyone around me. Maybe you guys can help out.

In some cases we have new machines check in with patch scans/audits NOT scheduled and I periodically check to make sure that these are happening. Problem is, this is taking more and more time as we keep adding more machines on...to the point where it's going to get crazy soon.

Is there a way to create a custom view that filters out machines that have (let's just pick for example) audits NOT scheduled or patch scans NOT scheduled?

Making views based on custom scripts is nice, but views based on system scripts would make life a bit easier over here.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Legacy Forum Name: View Question,
    Legacy Posted By Username: papaschnay
  • Based on what you are asking, this can already be done in a view.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • Thanks for the quick response, I just have finally had the chance to check back on this.

I must be missing this one. When I create views, it seems like I only have the option to use the public/sample scripts. For example I filter for *Audit* when creating a view and I receive "Sample Scripts\Agent Control\Reset Audit Cache" only.

Am I missing something?

• papaschnay
    Thanks for the quick response, I just have finally had the chance to check back on this.

I must be missing this one. When I create views, it seems like I only have the option to use the public/sample scripts. For example I filter for *Audit* when creating a view and I receive "Sample Scripts\Agent Control\Reset Audit Cache" only.

Am I missing something?

Odd, when I create a view and use the "With script ...." option and click ont he select script link, I get a list that shows me the System Scripts, such as the Baseline Audit, Patch Scan, etc.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Maybe this is a me only thing! I put a ticket in with support to see if this is the case.

I can't believe I've gone without this capability for this long!

• I'll have to agree with vplaza
    Upon selecting filter scheduled\non-scheduled the system scripts show up.

You might have run hotfix and re-apply schema

Legacy Posted By Username: desaille
  • I've setup a _no Audit and _no PatchScan view without any issues

David Benet
    SMB Technology
    Melbourne Australia

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • I'm with papaschnay... I only see my script and the "Sample Scripts". I've been wanting to create a view to show where the Pre-install VNC script has run, but I can't find that script anywhere.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • I'm NOT ALONE!!

As an update, haven't heard anything from support since I originally contacted them. I'll update you guys as I hear what's going on in our system.

• another quick question for the gurus here.

How would I go about creating a custom view to catch all versions of Office 2007 (version 12), catching all versions between 12 and 13?

All the ways that I've tried to do it haven't worked so well.

• papaschnay,

This I have been able to do. Create a view and check the "Contains" application with "WINWORD.EXE" in the field. Then check the "Version string" and make it greater than ">" 12.0.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • RSQDave,

How would you do it if you wanted to catch all versions between 11 and 12, to catch all versions of patching? I'm trying to make views for all versions of office and I settled for >12 for 2007, but is there a good way to do it for all previous versions?

• Hey, just an update for all who have checked in or may have this problem in the future, here's what it was on our system.

In Admin Roles, I was a master admin, but I was also defined in other roles as well. Some of the other roles were more restrictive than Master (of course), so when I removed the other restrictive roles from my account and only left Master, things worked properly.

SO, if you run into this in the future, this is how to fix it!

Big Smile

Anyone have an answer for the Office question I posed earlier?

• Just to follow up, before you do this...if you have a client that's in a restricted user role, and you only have master rights, they will not be able to transfer tickets to you.

So, if you're using the roles and add yourself to them, you're pretty much stuck this way as I see it, unless you create a seperate master for creating views and etc....

• papaschnay,

I created myself two Admin accounts, I mainly 'work' in one account, while I use the other almost exclusively for ticketing. Unfortunately, this also requires that you have two computers at your desk Smile

--acorn

Legacy Posted By Username: acorn