Kaseya Community

Remote Control for Vista wkstns DOA

• I'm sure others are experiencing this problem: Remote Control and Vista don't want to play nice.

Remote Control -TO- a Vista system:
    + VSA reports that it 'should be' connected...nada....then 5 minutes later it 'MAY' connect.
    + More often than not, there is no connection ever.
    + Approximately 1-2 minutes into a session, the connection drops and the window closes.

Remote Control -TO- a Vista system:
    + connection is almost instantaneous, but...
    + window draws approx 10-15% and then freezes, closing upon the first mouse click anywhere on the window.

Is anyone experiencing problems like this? Have you found any solutions. We placed a service request, but it must be stumping the K-guys too as there's been no response as of yesterday.

Appreciate any thots on the issue

M

Legacy Forum Name: Remote Control for Vista wkstns DOA,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmclaughlin
  • Is the machine you are initiating the remote control Vista?

If so, have you gone through the process of running IE as Administrator on the machine you are trying to initiate the remote control from? This is necessary to get the remote control ActiveX component to load?

I had your first problem until I did that.

David Benet
    SMB Technology
    Melbourne, Australia

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Thanks...I'll give that a try...

Michael

• David,

I've tried connecting to and from my new Vista desktop with the results described above.

Surprisingly, there was no difference running IE as an Administrator, then logging into K to connect to the non-Vista machine. It still displays 10-15% of the screen, then freezes.

Thanks for the idea...I should've at least tried that first.

Michael

• I presume your refering to VNC only - RDP works great for me.

With VNC, I generally set connection color depth to 8 or 64 colors... otherwise its just unbearably slow and suffers from the problem you described.

Legacy Posted By Username: SADAsystems