Kaseya Community

VM's

• Virtual Machines - how prevalent is the management of VM's?

Legacy Forum Name: VM's,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • I've done some management of a virtual XP machine for patch testing, and it seems to work just fine with the Kaseya Agent. I tend to do most things to the VM first just to make sure there won't be a issue with an update.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: slyons@nwcomputer.us
  • Yeah I test on VM's too.... havent had any problems yet.

Legacy Posted By Username: Eelkov@aanet.com.au
  • Yes, virtual servers are becoming more prevalent.

We have a client that has 2 production use XP Professional VMs. 1 is a software build machine and the other is for a teleworker who doesn't have a dedicated office PC. We are seeing other cases where virtual desktops will be useful.

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • We were actually planning on installing the Kaseya server on ESX Infrastructure 3, but the blade's RAID didn't play nice with ESX, so it was a no go. I'll post back if we end up moving the kaseya server to ESX on another comp.

• We run ESX 3 in production, with a total of about 15 servers on it at any given time. Agents are on each VM and run flawlessly. Throw in BUDR and its a brilliant business continuity play.

Legacy Posted By Username: SADAsystems
  • Works no different then any other server, you just install the agent on each VM just like you would if they were on different boxes.

We are even running our Kaseya server in VMware.

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonb
  • We are seeing VM's in every Medium business. Also gaining popularity in Small Business. We support about 300 virtual servers currently.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • I know for vmware server, you can create a view based on "System serial number" = vmware*

how do you guys do it for ESX?
    The same?

Legacy Posted By Username: desaille
  • Since there are non Linux agents, ESX must be monitored with SNMP.

Legacy Posted By Username: SADAsystems
  • I know this is a bit off topic, but speaking of linux and the agent, does the agent work with WINE?