Kaseya Community

Patch Management VS Software Management

• Hi All,

I am currently using Patch Management to handle Windows updates on all of our systems. So i want to move now in software management so I need know software management stable or not?

Thanks,

Pawan

• We have only ever used software management for Windows updates, and it's worked just fine for us.

We haven't used software management for anything else though, so I can't speak to the rest of it.

• I have only used software management so I don't have much to compare to Pawan, but it seems to work pretty well for me but it is not flawless. The third party app support is a great feature. I do have occasional package download failures, but that could be unique to my on-prem environment, I'm not certain.

• - Be careful with using Software Management at this time. Just scan the number of fixes in the last few Kaseya patches to give you a feel for the stability of the product. Unfortunately Patch Management doesn't even get any fixes anymore. So, you have to select the one that matches your needs best. Both have significant shortcomings at this time.

• Software Management is being aggressively worked to bring parity with the features and functionality in Patch Management and KSDU.  There have been several improvements in recent updates that definitely achieve "Stable and reliable" for most clients.  As you all know, nothing is ever or will ever be 100%...  The only think certain is there will always be exceptions.

That said, there are still features in Patch that are functionally different from or missing from KSM.  most wont matter to most customers.  I suggest testing your process on a few Orgs for a cycle or two, and make sure its meets your needs before switching.

• thanks, fo all your reply I will first test then will switch