Kaseya Community

since last update problems with 2 factor authentication in chrome

• since the update to the 25 we have problems with the 2 factor authentication in Chrome Browser. In Edge Chromium Beta or Safari it works. What could be the reason for this?

• What authenticator are you using? DUO has issues.  Google Authenticator works just fine. Up to this point anyway, we have not experiences any issues with Google Authenticator

• I have had the same problem on Firefox. Clearing out the cache and credentials for the url worked on my desktop but not the laptop. Opera and Edge work perfectly. I am using Google Authentication.

• i use 1password. Edge Chromium Browser does not work either.

• I use Microsoft Authenticator having ran into problems with DUO not recognising the barcode as well.

Last time I saw the above error was where VSA accounts were tied to Active Directory.

Changing the domain name to the FQDN version got around it.

• The most common motive for "Incorrect Code" mistakes is that the time on your Google Authenticator app is no longer synced correctly. Follow the instructions to make certain that you have the right time in your Google Authenticator app. For Android users: Go to the Main Menu on the Google Authenticator app.

• very helpful document...looking for it for a long time.

• we don't even get to enter the code. the error appears already before

• it must be related to the "Remember me on this computer" function I have now deleted the browser data, now it asks for the code and you can also log in.

• Are you using domain authentication to login to kaseya?

If so then in the domain field you need to enter the full domain name with .local

Until now i always used the short domain name but when this error started then only the full domain name worked.

• We've seen this issue too; our fix was to open chrome and delete the cookies from your VSA address, close and re-open. This is usually seen when the "Remember Me" option is checked.

Delete cookies from a site

On your computer, open Chrome.

At the top right, click More More and then Settings.

At the bottom, click Advanced.

Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.

Click Cookies and then See all cookies and site data.

At the top right, search for the website's name.

To the right of the site, click Remove Remove.