Kaseya Community

Procedure to set Adobe DC as a default pdf viewer

• Is there any procedure available to set Adobe DC as default pdf viewer for windows 10 computers

• While I do not have a procedure, here are some details which can assist you on your goal:

www.adobe.com/.../pdfviewer.html

• Building on  just create the regKey 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
    "DefaultAssociationsConfiguration"="c:\\windows\\system32\\File_Assoc_ReaderDC.XML"

and then create or copy the file(File_Assoc_ReaderDC.XML)/data (below) to the location that you specified in the regKey:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <DefaultAssociations>
    <Association Identifier=".pdf" ProgID="AcroExch.Document.DC" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    <Association Identifier=".pdfxml" ProgID="AcroExch.pdfxml" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    <Association Identifier=".acrobatsecuritysettings" ProgID="AcroExch.acrobatsecuritysettings" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    <Association Identifier=".fdf" ProgID="AcroExch.FDFDoc" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    <Association Identifier=".xfdf" ProgID="AcroExch.XFDFDoc" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    <Association Identifier=".xdp" ProgID="AcroExch.XDPDoc" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    <Association Identifier=".pdx" ProgID="PDXFileType" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    <Association Identifier=".api" ProgID="AcroExch.Plugin" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    <Association Identifier=".secstore" ProgID="AcroExch.SecStore" ApplicationName="Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" />
    </DefaultAssociations>

You may consider changing the name to something generic as you might want to add other associates in the future that are not Adobe....

•  Can you share the xml file

• File_Assoc_ReaderDC.XML

Sure - it is the same that I had posted up above which you could copy/paste.  It is attached

• I shared it yesterday but apparently the forum moderator(s) are still sleeping...and have not gotten around to approving

• feel free to send me an email to bdavis@lineagelogistics.com would love to test it out on my machines as well due to the need of it myself.

Thanks

Buster Davis

• Thanks for the help guys and sorry for posting late.i tried following the Adobe manual and also tried xml file provided by  but its not working for me.