Kaseya Community

Cscript and Windows 10

• This isn't really a Kaseya issue as, while the script is failing, the vbs fails if run alone as well; I have just been unable to locate any guidance through Google and I expect that many of us work with VBS and someone else may have come across this issue.

Only on Windows 10 machines that haven't been rebooted in the last week or two, the .vbs fails with "SWbemObjectEx: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.".  The exact line it fails on is reading from the registry - "oReg.GetDWORDValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,strValueName,dwValue".  If the PC is rebooted, the procedure runs fine for a week or two and then we are back at the problem.

Any ideas on something to try are greatly appreciated.

Ken

• We had no end of W-10 issues until we started disabling Fast Boot. We only sell SSD's in workstations, so there's little benefit from this "feature". Disable that on one system, reboot, and then test for a bit. Not just VB, but our custom tools that do a lot of reg reads/writes and WMI processes.

When you have Fast Boot enabled and Shut Down every night, it clears apps but hibernates the O/S. We saw systems with 40+ days of uptime that were being shut down nightly!  A Reboot really does reboot the O/S and clears these issues.

Glenn

• Thanks Glenn  However, we already set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power\HiberbootEnabled to 0 on all Windows 10 for that exact reason.  I was thinking of trying to set the Paging FIle to a fixed size but I am hesitant to apply something like that across all managed systems.

Using Paging file in place of virtual memory for better accuracy
    [edited by: karoded at 7:55 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 14, 2018]