Kaseya Community

Custom URL for BMS

This question has suggested answer(s)

Does anyone know if there is any way to set a custom URL for BMS Client Portal? It would be a lot easier for clients to type in help.company.com and be forwarded to BMS site than the full URL.

All Replies
  • I'd love this functionality also, however there doesn't seem to be any official way to allow a custom URL within BMS — at least not that I've found.  Instead, I elected to setup my own workaround to forward traffic to the appropriate BMS server and pre-fill my company name and logo.

I setup the subdomain (help.COMPANY.com) and created an .htaccess file containing the following.

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^help\.COMPANY\.com$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.help\.COMPANY\.com$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[0-9]+\..+\.cpaneldcv$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/pki-validation/[A-F0-9]{32}\.txt(?:\ Comodo\ DCV)?$
    RewriteRule ^/?$ "https\:\/\/bms\.kaseya\.com\/gateway\.aspx\?client\=MY\+COMPANY" [R=301,L]

Of course, there are other ways to setup a domain / subdomain forward also.  While it isn't as graceful as *actual* support for a custom URL (since the user will still see they've been redirected to another site), this was an acceptable workaround for me.

Hope this helps.

—Joe